Light-O-Rama Forums

All in LOR or ?

zvacman

I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to ask but here goes anyhow.  I have added a boatload of RGB's and RGB pixels for this coming Christmas.  Can I do everything with the LOR Pro version and Superstar?  I want to keep the computer work as simple as possible.  I downloaded xLights Nutcracker and played around a bit with it and to me it's quite difficult as is any new program for me.  I have gotten decent with the LOR software, not an expert by any stretch of the imagination.  I want to achieve the best results that a computer challenged rookie can.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Z

I think if your just getting started with pixels you"ll be amazed at how easy it is to get some nice effects in the pixel editor as your get more familiar with the programming you can use Superstar to really dial in the effects of your props .

• Like 1

Thanks. I like to try to do a little sequencing before I build the props for wiring purposes. Might not be the best way but it works for me. Everything I build is modular for storage purposes.

Z

You can build some props in the pixel editor preview. And start creating effects just to try sequencing in the pixel editor. When you know what your real props are you can delete all the temporary props and start over .

• Like 1

Do I have to buy a higher level license to play with the PE? I know it won't control the lights, I just want to find my way around. I worked with LOR S3/S4 for almost a year before I bought it.

Z

I did all my matrix stuff using PE.  If you want to keep it super simple use PE.  It is similar to Xlights and you won't have to convert files back and forth.

Thanks Little_b, I was leaning that way but the $90 license upgrade compared to xLights (free) was a sticking point.  It seems strange thinking that I'm already going to be pressed for time with 10 months to go but switching from nearly 100,000 LED's to pixels is quite the undertaking.  Thanks for the advise, your commission check from LOR is in the mail.

Z