Light-O-Rama Forums

Building a CTB-16KD Assembly

Peter B

Hi All,

Just a quicky I hope!

On these kits when you finish completing the kit, do you then have to load the firmware or is it already loaded on the chip?

Ie: Plug and play.

Many thanks in advance.

Pete.

Peter - The preassembled units have the firmware included in the package. You only had to plug it in and assign it a channel. The one thing you may want to do is to check that your unit has the latest version of firmware via the Hardware Utility.

Peter B wrote:

Hi All,

Just a quicky I hope!

On these kits when you finish completing the kit, do you then have to load the firmware or is it already loaded on the chip?

Many thanks in advance.

Pete.

In addtion to what Dale said, the processor chips in the kits also have the firmware installed. You do not need to download to the chip.

Hi All,

Need some info/guidence please.

I have the above listed controller (CTB - 16KD) and obviously when the sale comes up want to purchase more controllers.

Do I stick with more of the same units or do I purchase different LOR model units? Really don't know/understand :P.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Peter,

All LOR units play fair with one another. As far as additional units to purchase, it is more of a personal choice. Some have stated that they would never use a controller in stand alone and opt for the PC version. I personally am keeping all my boards the same, and i am using the 16D kit.

I hope this helps your decision.

Chuck

LightORamaDan wrote:

Peter B wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quicky I hope!

Many thanks in advance.

Pete.

In addtion to what Dale said, the processor chips in the kits also have the firmware installed. You do not need to download to the chip.

Does that mean that if we need to upgrade the firmware that the processor chips get updated?