Light-O-Rama Forums

The Last Show

Bill P

just took parts of mine down... has been raining so will let it stay up until it dries out some more to take more down... Sunny Southern Cali. is getting the first of El Nino right now and parts of Los Angel area and a few others here in the s has already had flood problems... 

Dont Cry to much .... think of maybe valentines day, and 4th of July.... and maybe surprise the wife or other half on their birth day..

I am planning on a BBQ party and 4th of July show for some friends and neighbors again this year as well as inviting some over from Edwards AFB that will be sitting in the barracks otherwise..

Last year had about 25 people from the base and about 20 friends and family... friends and family help with the food and cooking etc.  the ones from the base... just come and have fun and bring themselves.. everything is furnished for them including rides from the base and back if they need it..

I have actual flags flying from each branch as well as the Coast Guard and  Merchant marines, spot lighted ..to include the US Flag and my POW Flag for for a total of 8 flags on my 8 Harbor Freight Flag Poles.. 

I turn my archs into light sticks, outline the house etc. and pool patio with red white and blue ropes... and keep the grill sometime 2 or 3  grills going so no one gets hungry..  and no.... NO ONE leaves here drunk or if they have been drinking to much....  That is made clear before they even come over..

• Like 2

The 3rd was going to be my last night, then neighbors had their lights still on, so I turned mine back on. I kinda started taking a little down today, but the rest is still running. Helps me feel better that last night when I got home, there was a car parked out front. Ended up talking to the couple for 20 minutes, or more. So I know people are still finding, and enjoying the show. Tonight will probably be the last night, because I want to make a serious attempt tomorrow at getting more down. My biggest issue is going to be trying to figure out the storage organization.

As a widow who inherited the light project, I think I've been infected with CLAP!! On New Years Eve morning, I was at Walmart, spending almost $300 on lights (at 75% off). Right now I'm taking a break from rewiring displays that I bought (incandescent to LED), while watching TV. Already making plans for next year. Checking with the High School to see if there are any Juniors who are kind of tech-ey and would be interested in learning LOR (maybe help me learn it too), and working up a couple of songs for me, for their Senior Project. Not sure if I'll find anyone, but figure it's worth a shot. Regardless, I'm planning to continue on, and try to go bigger next year!!!

Last show of the season to night, left lights up for Ukrainian Christmas as there are a large number of Ukrainian folks in our community. Take down next week, weather is suppose to warm up  (plus 5 C). I would like to take this time to thank all of the members that have helped me make my show a huge hit. This is my 2nd. year with LOR but really my 1st. major display. Special thanks goes out to Old Sarge who has been very helpful with the sharing of his sequences (very much appreciated). Will post pics and video when I figure out how to lol.

Feeling the blues tonight.  Finally got around to turning off the electricity to my display this morning.  It was a sunny day so I wound up most of the extension cords and other electrical wires this afternoon while it was still sunny and somewhat warm.  Cold weather is blowing in, so I figured I had better get started putting things away before we get snow. 

Yeah, I feel your pain. Was just going to get the last hard to reach controller, when next thing I knew the whole display was down and in piles in the carport. Was a great day to do it, and yes it is suppose to get colder here also. And since we had thunder the Thursday, I guess I should get ready for the snow in the next week.

They yard looks so barren and it has gotten harder to see where my black dog is at night.

• The topic was locked