Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 16 Newbie, why are lights dim?

Hazard

Greeting's,

2007 was my first yr using LOR 16ch and a pre-packaged sequences pack. Hoping to try and tackle making my own this year. I had one thing that I don't quite understand, it seemed that the songs were not as bright and at times looked dim. I found the intensity setting but everytime I set it up to like 90% and then went back and looked, it would be back at 50% why would that be?

Thanking you in advance,

Tim in KY

Attached files 148998=8718-lightshow.jpg

Hazard wrote:

Greeting's,

2007 was my first yr using LOR 16ch and a pre-packaged sequences pack. Hoping to try and tackle making my own this year. I had one thing that I don't quite understand, it seemed that the songs were not as bright and at times looked dim. I found the intensity setting but everytime I set it up to like 90% and then went back and looked, it would be back at 50% why would that be?

Thanking you in advance,

Tim in KY

After changing the intensity setting to 90% on the toolbar, did you go back into the song and change each 50% cell to 90%? There's not enough detail in your post to tell what's going on. What keeps going back to 50%?

It depends on the effect you're going for. There are certainly times when the mood and emotion of the music is expressed much better in dimmer light. Changes in intensity can really enhance your display. Remember, you're a telling a story using light. A story teller will have voice influxuations to keep it more interesting and engaging. IMHO, your light colors and intensities should be the same way. But that's just my 2 cents.

Hazard wrote:

I see your point and have to agree on that. Thanks for the information. Is it Christmas Yet!!

Oh man, I have waay to much to do. I am wishing Christmas was further away. It's January and I'm already freaked out I won't be done on time. I have ambitious plans--not sure they will be completed in time. Oh well, it will still be good, whatever it is. :cool: (It's a great show if the spectators need sunglasses.) laughing-smiley-004.giflaughing-smiley-004.gif

When I first used LOR a couple years ago, I had that same confusion. As a result, one feature I have always wanted to see was the ability to assign a cell to a "Name", not a specific intensity or fade. Then at anytime in the future when I want to change the intensity of all cells in a song using that name, I could do it from the toolbar.

Example, it would have been nice to assign an intensity of 15% to "Dim Lighting", or to change from a fade rate of 0% to 20%

Anyone who has been using LOR for awhile will kown that often you go back in and tweak a song each year as you change lights... say from incandescant to LED. Or maybe you just didn't like the way a few strings appeared in a sequence last year and you want to quickly change them.