Light-O-Rama Forums

what is next years Christmas plans now that 2015 Christmas is over

Old Sarge

Christmas 2015 is over...

1.   Are you already planning next years show?

2.   If so .. What are you planning that is different?

3.   Are you adding more props? 

4.   If so... What are you adding?

5.  Are you building your own props for next year?

6.  Are you using your own designs and building plans or someones else's plans.. IE, Ferris Wheel, Merry go      Round, Ferris wheel, etc.

2016 Planning, Done

2016 New Props, 1/4 Done

Not planning much for next year. I am really happy with my display this year. That's something I haven't been able to say for the last 4 years. So, get 3 more windows done with 100 pixels each and I'll be done building.

I'll be adding a few more sequences and learning the MIIP program from "itsmebobo". Display will most likely be vote to see which sequence is played next.

• Like 1

2016 planning is in the stages of planning.

I was very happy with the year, much happier then last season. I plan to do away with my incandescent mini trees and Build 6 foot pixel twig trees like John storms, I want to replace my incandescent fire sticks, and we're going to outline the house and Windows with c9 size pixels. Also I'm going to replace one or 2 of my motorized plywood cutouts, I have Garfield and odie and the flint stones but the kids now don't know who they are, so we're thinking paw patrol for those of you with small children right now and maybe Lightning McQueen and Mateor my sons favorite characters

180* 16 strand Pixel tree.

Holdman Star

3 starbursts out of meteor shower lights

12 more snowflakes

maybe some singing light bulbs.

I too am happy with most if my display this year. I'm gonna re-purpose a props RGB dumb strips for something else because I didn't like the way it turned out...oh well. I'm going to outline the house and windows in RGB smart strips and make a matrix for my garage door. Time to hit up the pre-sales....

Planning to add some of the Coro Candy Canes with smart pixels, and I want to build a Pixel spinner.

The big one is a major rebuild of my Pixel tree and Pixel star.

Gonna replace the two controllers that are not G3 so I can do everything as intensity files.

I started working on my 2016 Visualization.

Edited by k6ccc

2015 was my first year. Amazingly we lost the neighborhood decorating contest. So 2016 planning started Dec 26th as well as prop building. First in the works is driveway mega arches, North Pole candy cane fences, possibly a pixel tree, and not sure what else. Contemplating building a gingerbread house.

I've also started digging trenches to wire in dedicated outlets and data cables so I'm not tripping over cords.

I'm open to any suggestions and thanks to everyone for the borrowed sequences.

1.  Upgrade all windows, roof lines, garage door, mega arches, fence line and mini trees to Dumb RGB

2.  Build Santa's Coco Cafe so people can get hot coco, hot apple cider and candy canes

3.  Build sleigh for pictures with Santa

4.  Build days tell Christmas wood sign

Halloween

1.  Build cemetery

2.  Build aluminum giant spider web

3.  Build PVC 12 foot high spider

4.  Build ghosts

Just a few of the bigegr projects i need to do

This was my first year also. I started planning 2016 as I was setting up this year. I used this year as a learning experience. My big thing for 2016 will be a 8 ft spiral inside of a large mega, the catcher is you will be able to walk inside the mega around the spiral. I'm looking for a more interactive display. Still working on design and safety with it.

I am Adding a 30x30 Pixel Matrix.

Converting more of my existing props to RGB. 

The big change is adding my next door neighbors house to the show. Gonna use some of my old lights and props for that. 

I'm pretty stoked for 2016. 

1.  Remove red and green leds on house and replace with pixels.

2. Add Star to top of house.

3. Add wreaths to both front gabels.

4. Switch to FPP for show.

Most likely not next year but on the list.

5.  Additional pixel tree bigger than current one.

• Like 1

Adding next door neighbor and neighbors house across the street and whoever else in the hood I can convince.

Try to get permission from the city to span the street, shade a streetlight, and decorate one streetlight pole.

At least 2 more 10w flood firesticks

2 more LED flamingos and create a dialogue between all 4 of them

1 more crazy tree ( not sure how I'm building yet ) got lots of extra C6 strings so I'll use them up

neighbors want 4 talking trees on their roof

I need to buy a drone and a mig welder!

• Like 1

Adding next door neighbor and neighbors house across the street and whoever else in the hood I can convince.

Try to get permission from the city to span the street, shade a streetlight, and decorate one streetlight pole.

At least 2 more 10w flood firesticks

2 more LED flamingos and create a dialogue between all 4 of them

1 more crazy tree ( not sure how I'm building yet ) got lots of extra C6 strings so I'll use them up

neighbors want 4 talking trees on their roof

I just got permission from the city to decorate our street light and they said they will come turn it off for Christmas next year.

• Like 1

Christmas 2015 is over...

1.   Are you already planning next years show?

2.   If so .. What are you planning that is different?

3.   Are you adding more props? 

4.   If so... What are you adding?

5.  Are you building your own props for next year?

6.  Are you using your own designs and building plans or someones else's plans.. IE, Ferris Wheel, Merry go      Round, Ferris wheel, etc.

1. Yes, already trying to figure out what I want to change with current sequences, and finding songs that I may want to sequence in 2016

2. More sequences, better sequences

3. Yes, we've already purchased 12 new lighted tinsel animals for our menagerie.  I also want to put lights along the roofline, which I finally convinced my husband is necessary.

4. I'm debating whether I'm going to do coro tree faces, leaping arches or a small spiral tree (8' tall max).  I can only buy one more controller in 2016, so I need to make those 16 channels count.  Leaning towards a spiral tree at this point, since the coro faces really need 32 channels, from what I've read.  May have to wait and do leaping arches in 2017 of 2018.  

5. I built window frames for the second floor this year, and maybe build small window frames for the first floor.  We'll see.  I'm definitely going to try to build these cool 3-D "trees" that I saw at my parents' church on Xmas Eve.  They use floodlights inside the structure to create light, and I'm thinking RGB floods would look amazing, if I can afford a DC controller.  May have to wait for 2017 of 2018 for that.

7. If I do the spiral, I'll use the spreadsheet calculator to figure out how best to build it.

Edited by Jaynee

cool are you going to be doing remote aerial welding? Edited by Ebuechner
  • Like 1

do you know a better way to get props up there?[/quote

Fly down to OKLAHOMA.

I've got your next project all ready to install.

Humm... Broke the quote when I received a call. Humm...

Edited by Mega Arch