Light-O-Rama Forums

2015 New small Holiday Coro faces

Box on Rails

Last year the wind blew my 4' x 4' coro singing trees off the roof. to avoid that happening again, this year I got the smaller 2x2 trees Mounted on the ground and used LED lights. Plus I changed all my dumb RGB strips to Pixels. Looks like I might need to adjust the intensity down a bit. I have a small yard and the RGB lights are really bright. here is the reseult.

Here is 2014 Christmas show. If you look closely you can see that the strips have a lot of dead spots. That was the main reason for the change to pixels. I only used the strips one season and by the end of season this video shows how bad the failure rate was. This Year I have had only 1 pixel fail and the fix was to cut it out. simple. 

Edited by Box on Rails

Great display, love the surfboards! Might have to get some of those palm trees for next year to go with my flamingos!

Thanks guys.

Oilmoney, I got those palm trees 6 years ago and they add a cool tropic touch to the show. They are incandescent lights but still hold there own in the show full of LEDs.

Kingfish, I'm not sure what makes a gem. :lol:   I do have some not so usual music from August Burns Red and a funny South park version of Oh Holy Night.  Most of my sequences are from Trans Siberian Orchestra and Straight No Chaser. 

• The topic was locked