Light-O-Rama Forums

shimmer function question

Philip

The speed is the same in LOR I and LOR II. The speed is set by the controller not the PC sosftware (at least for now).

It goes on/off about 20 times per second while shimmering.

• 9 months later...

BrianC wrote:

how do you set that speed in the controller?

You don't. It's a fixed rate.

LightORamaDan wrote:

The speed is the same in LOR I and LOR II. The speed is set by the controller not the PC sosftware (at least for now).

That sounds promising!

bossgroove wrote:

Fading Shimmer! Fading Twinkle!

Oh yea, I am hoping for that one. I have a couple of good places to put a ramping shimmer (up or down).

• 1 month later...

I am running 2 large "candles" as part of my display. I am switching between shimmer and twinkle somewhat randomly to get the effect of a flame. The only problem is that shimmer and twinkle run so fast. Since I can't slow down the speed of the board, does anyone know how to "make" a shimmer or twinkle effect manually using on/off/fade commands? If I could do this, I could run this at my speed instead of the speed of the board.

Gordon

Gordon Starr wrote:

I am running 2 large "candles" as part of my display. I am switching between shimmer and twinkle somewhat randomly to get the effect of a flame. The only problem is that shimmer and twinkle run so fast. Since I can't slow down the speed of the board, does anyone know how to "make" a shimmer or twinkle effect manually using on/off/fade commands? If I could do this, I could run this at my speed instead of the speed of the board.

Gordon

The best way I have found to do a "Flicker" it to turn a section on 100% then go thru and change some of them to different intensities. I usually use 25%, 50% and 75%.
You may have to play with it a bit to get it like you want it.

bossgroove wrote:

Bring on LOR III

Fading Shimmer! Fading Twinkle!

If we can do this already. I haven't learned how.

No need to wait for LOR III as this was release in 2.1.2 and is now available with the newest release.