Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx usb 2.0 not sending signal to controller

cmhall2015

I'm having trouble sending any short of a signal to my 27 channel circuit board with my enttec open usb 2.0 5 prong adapter. My circuit board does not blink when hooked up which means it's not getting any short of signal. My computer communicator from lor says it's working just fine but for some reason it's not sending any signal out. I have my channels set to the controller as well. So I am stumped as to what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even a step by step walk threw check I would appreciate. I might have missed something by mistake. Thank you. If need pictures of what I'm talking about email me at cmhall2015@Hotmail. com

9 rgb meaning 27 channels correct? I can't figure out why my circuit board isn't blinking meaning it's getting no signal to it. So I'm thinking I'm missing something in the connection setup or something but I'm not sure.

if you have the rgb channels set right in the sequencer the the cells should be black are they?

Edited by Dennis Laff

My computer runs the usb to my enttec usb 2.0 dmx 512 interface. The enttec runs the 5 pin plug in that connects to Ethernet cord that connects to my circuit board Ethernet connection which I have plugged into the in side. Nothing is plugged into the out connection yet.

If someone would email me about this topic I can send pictures so maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong or send me a step by step set up on how to get this up and running. Please and Thank you

Well without the DMX dongle the only thing you could do is test mode Dip switch 10 on all others off lights will work in a test pattern I have 4 of 27 channel boards running should not be a problem to connect

Well I've got that set up already running from my computer to my controller. The controller isn't blinking though but it does keep constant red light on meaning it's only pulling power yet no signal.

I downloaded the driver's from the enttec website. When I go to see if the computer shows my device hooked up I don't see it in the folder on a drive, but the lor program reads that it's hooked up waiting on sequence or command.