Light-O-Rama Forums

My Autistic Stepson's Display in the News

MrBookworm

This is our house in Seattle in the news. I'm just hardware support, my 14 year old autistic stepson does all the programming. We had 16 channels last year in Phoenix. Moved to Seattle in August, new house, added another 16 channels for 32 total.

Dean

------------------------

Teen with autism the brains behind Christmas light show 

A 14-year-old Seattle boy is the brains behind an elaborate Christmas light show in the Green Lake neighborhood.  

Check out this story on KING5.com:

Edited by MrBookworm
  • Like 3

Every parent is proud of their child. But you have many more reasons to be proud and on many different levels. This is also a reflection on the wonderful job that you obviously have done.

Edited by Ebuechner

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside knowing you were able to pass this along to your son... a son you love and care for enough to give him the power to control 10,000 lights.. It's an honor to be a member of this community with a genius like him. Send him my best wishes that every season gets better and better for him.

Thanks for sharing a touching story.

I also have a son with Autism.. PDD NOS to be specific..  I started this hobby/addiction/light show because he loved Osbourne Lights at Disney World adn asked if I could make the lights dance..  I think its great he does the work involved.. some times that super focus they can get can be great for things like this....   Well done!!!

• The topic was locked