Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16-KD

Peter B

Hi All,

Really need your help here as I still have not received a reply from LOR.

On the above mentioned board that I received from LOR already assembled, resistors R7 thru R14 and R20 thru R25 are nowhere near the legs of the Q Triacs, but R26 is very close to Q14's third leg and R27 IS making contact with Q15's third leg. They are soldered together.

Please can someone check their units and confirm this is correct.

Please see attatched photo.

I await with eagle eyes :shock:.

Peter.

Ps: I would really like to know why the spacing on the last two R26 & R27 are so different to the others?

Attached files 148784=8712-IMG_0711.JPG

Peter,

I don't have the blueboard (I have the old greenboards and PC boards), but I am going to make a guess and say that the other resistors are connected to the Triacs by a trace on the bottom of the board.

Denny wrote:

Peter,

I don't have the blueboard (I have the old greenboards and PC boards), but I am going to make a guess and say that the other resistors are connected to the Triacs by a trace on the bottom of the board.

Hi Denny,

Thanks for the reply on the green boards. Are they spaced the same as I described on the blues? Not so close on the others and very close on the last two?

Really appreciate your reply.

Pete.

Pete,

Made me go look! They are very close to what your photos show (can't say exactly the same because I forgot to take my eyeglasses with me out to the shed.)