Light-O-Rama Forums

The Great Christmas light fight can stick it up their ...

TitusCarnathan

Updated from the producers after they send out a promotional package to the cast members of the show. 

"After further internal discussions we do not want to use the negative "Pro" and "No" graphics. Please do not post those".......  "Those negative adds were supplied to us by the Marketing department and do not capture the spirit of the show. All amounts Christmas Lights are good :)

They are good people..

• Like 1

Whats Christmas Light Fight????  Is it something on network TV or what?

I havent watched network TV in many years because to much crap and so called reality sit coms on it..

I dont know if my TV even gets any single digit numbered channels on it.

I dont think it has been below something like channel 236 in the last 10 years.

Nope. That's not to my Christmas liking for the public. Come on Orville. Keep it family friendly :). Although I know you were kidding.

Yep, just kidding.  But I do know some folks that are from my aforementioned, and they think that's family friendly 'cause they're children go with them too! :o :o  :o 

Me personally, no way, not my thing either, too each their own. ;):)

I was disgusted with them when they showed a home in Utah that basically violated every building code known to man to board up their home with plywood and make it look like a castle......illegal as all hell and they broadcasted that....the people ONLY get away with it because the ones father is a big shot on the city council.

In the episode that aired this past week, I was really rooting for the family that used their backyard to have a bunch of random Xmas displays like the table of nutcrackers, and the hot tub being used for a winter cityscape.  Yes, the front yard had lights, but it was really the backyard that was amazing to see.  I knew they wouldn't win though - which was disappointing.

In the episode that aired this past week, I was really rooting for the family that used their backyard to have a bunch of random Xmas displays like the table of nutcrackers, and the hot tub being used for a winter cityscape.  Yes, the front yard had lights, but it was really the backyard that was amazing to see.  I knew they wouldn't win though - which was disappointing.

That was pretty awesome!   But the winner also had a good display.. 

"Let it Go" is NOT a song. It's a collection of words strung together with an orchestra playing in the background.

Drew

I dont care what anyone calls it, the kids love it and when i have 4 little girls singing along at thew top of their lungs, that is the only acceptance i need.

• Like 3

I agree with many here. TGCLF is a Las Vegas show.  Most of us do this within a budget and do the work ourselves (with a few elves sometimes).  This is my 9th season and I fully enjoy it.  But what I get the most enjoyment out of is sitting outside waiting for my cue to hand out candy canes listening to the kids in the cars either singing at the top of their lungs or hearing them say "did you see that?"  When i walk up to the car I tell the parents "that's why I do it" point to their children in the back seat still wide eyed!

All the glitter and glamour can't compete with that.

• Like 2

"Let it Go" is NOT a song. It's a collection of words strung together with an orchestra playing in the background.

Drew

I dont care what anyone calls it, the kids love it and when i have 4 little girls singing along at thew top of their lungs, that is the only acceptance i need.

Honestly the Mash up or frozen songs is the most popular or 2nd most popular in my show. It's a toss up between that and God bless The USA. My 3 year old son loves Frozen

Big time win for me. Had a lady come by last night to watch the show. She said some one told her about it and that it was like the houses on the Great Christmas Light fight. She said my show would beat all them because mine was a nice show with Christmas music and as she said, those houses were to much like a Las Vegas show. She said she could sit and watch my show all night long but could only watch those houses for a few minutes before she got annoyed. She said they all have forgotten what Christmas was about. She said her favorite song was my Linus hallelujah. I have my Linus faces explaining the meaning f Christmas then it smoothly transitions into Hallelujah, second best compliment i have ever had.

Me too.  I was also very disappointed they didn't win.   I thought for sure they would take it, and so did my wife!

I have a tribute to the troops on my show and a mix of Frozen. If it makes people feel good then I figure a slight excursion is ok.

Star Wars? If I had a pixel mega tree, I might do an intro with words scrolling to a point like the opening of every movie. Why not?

As for the light fight, it's Christmas. But how many of the obviously well off contestants announce that the winnings are going to charity. Bah humbug to them all.

I have a tribute to the troops on my show and a mix of Frozen. If it makes people feel good then I figure a slight excursion is ok.

Star Wars? If I had a pixel mega tree, I might do an intro with words scrolling to a point like the opening of every movie. Why not?

As for the light fight, it's Christmas. But how many of the obviously well off contestants announce that the winnings are going to charity. Bah humbug to them all.

some people don't believe in announcing their good deeds though so we really can't judge these people simply because they didn't mention it. I know guy did say he was giving a lot to some charity that helped his grandson out

• The topic was locked