Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it an Addiction or is it "Normal"

justaddmorelights

It's funny every night, i go out and do a "light" check on things. Just to make sure everything is working the way it is supposed  to be and there are not burnt out lights. 

Plus it's nice to go out and look at everything working the way that you spent the last year planning and hoping it would!

• Like 1

I pretty much echo what k6ccc said for my lifestyle with this hobby. (TSO is coming in a couple weeks too :D  )

For the OP, You're normal to us... an addict, a freak to others.

My car is parked in front of our house - every night at 5:30 or so (the beginning of the show) I take the walk out to the car. Knowing I have other work to do, I have to force myself to not keep watching the mesmerizing show. (I tune to the radio and listen at the least while I move my car.)

Our addiction is a lot like the way Australians describe the environment they live in.

The wildlife only tries to kill the natives. If the wildlife begins to torment you, you know you're a part of the family.

Welcome to our weird, funny and all-loving family.

I do that plus every-time I am in a Menards/Lowes/HomeDepot I am looking at their inventory and thinking "hmmm, I could build a cool prop out of that".  Only 20% of my purchase at those places are for things to be used for  their original intent.  You know it's bad when store employee's look at you and say "Halloween, Christmas, or are you actually going to repair something".

• Like 2

With the warm December in the upper midwest, I was out on the driveway many nights for 2-3 songs at a time, just tapping my toe and grinning.  I'd like to break out dancing but neigbhors might we watching. I then I go back in and do some more sequence tweaking.

​I'm not obsessed, I'm Christmas light possessed! :P.... Perfectly normal. Ever song I hear...flashes through my head. and I watch my show every night....twice :D.​

I'm just the opposite. I see my lights flashing and in a couple of seconds I know what song it is without a radio on.

I'm just the opposite. I see my lights flashing and in a couple of seconds I know what song it is without a radio on.

I can do the same. 

Major addiction and explains why once the lights come down we immediately start planning for next year. By the way........we only have 10 months left until lights start going back up!

I can do one better.  When I'm reading to my daughter in her room before bed, with the blinds closed,  we would test each other on what songs was playing just by the slivers of light the rgb flood lights would shine between the cracks.  She was really good considering she didn't put in the time I did sequencing each of the songs.  

I can do one better.  When I'm reading to my daughter in her room before bed, with the blinds closed,  we would test each other on what songs was playing just by the slivers of light the rgb flood lights would shine between the cracks.  She was really good considering she didn't put in the time I did sequencing each of the songs.  

does that make you your daughters dealer?

does that make you your daughters dealer?

True... but if I were a dealer, wouldn't I be making a ton of money in my 'dealing'?  As of now, being the dealer is making me broke ;) 

• The topic was locked