Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it an Addiction or is it "Normal"

justaddmorelights

OK, since this is my first year with LOR and I had been sequencing since August, I can't help but want to go outside and sit in my car to watch my show over and over! When I am at the store or listening to the radio and Christmas music plays (especially when one of my songs plays) I am "sequencing in my head! SHH, don't tell anyone :ph34r: , since I don't go outside to watch my show, I sit and listen to the music (from the show) playing and watching the show in my head! Am I "normal" or am I addicted  :D

Only difference is I go outside regularly to watch my show.  Love to interact with other people watching too, but even when I'm the only one around.  Do it very regularly.  And when I hear my songs on the radio or in stores, my first thought is "That song is in my show!"  And between the Mannheim Steamroller and TSO concerts that I attended in the past week and a half, I heard five of my songs (although TSO played them quite different in concert and had A HELL of a lot more pixels than I did!

You're normal...

Edited by k6ccc
  • Like 1

I take my son out to watch every night before bed, if I'm being lazy and don't feel like it he'll bring me over his shoes and coat to remind me it's time to go out. He just turned 3, smart little guy

• Like 1

Starting next week I plan on hanging out there passing out candy canes a couple hours every night (weather permitting) until Christmas Eve (and maybe even after).

Only difference is I go outside regularly to watch my show.  Love to interact with other people watching too, but even when I'm the only one around.  Do it very regularly.  And when I hear my songs on the radio or in stores, my first thought is "That song is in my show!"  And between the Mannheim Steamroller and TSO concerts that I attended in the past week and a half, I heard five of my songs (although TSO played them quite different in concert and had A HELL of a lot more pixels than I did!

You're normal...

I pretty much echo what k6ccc said for my lifestyle with this hobby. (TSO is coming in a couple weeks too :D  )

For the OP, You're normal to us... an addict, a freak to others.

Edited by Santas Helper

Every time I go out and watch my display, I come in and want to "touch up" my sequences . Is this normal?

For us, you are normal. To others you are an addict. :)

Everytime I think I'm done I build something new and add it to the display. Then I sit down and add it into each sequence. And that file on my desktop keeps on getting songs added to it that I want to sequence. (I think we're all a glutton for punishment) my other hobby is RC aircraft. I'm the local flight instructor. And over the years I've designed quite a few original aircraft. This past summer I built a 200 foot by 730 foot runway out of a cow pasture

Edited by Ebuechner

Mentioned my display to a coworker, mentioned music sync to the lights and they said, "oh, your one of those..."

what? addict? obsessed? :lol:

No one has watched my show more than I, on the computer or outdoors.

Yeah your normal

This is great! I feel soo much better :D Although my wife thinks we are all a little, well really addicted  ;)

I drug my family out and we had a picnic on the neighbor's lawn and watched our show once it was complete. My 14yo complained 'normal people don't sit outside and watch their own displays'. My answer was 'normal people don't have anything like our Christmas display- there is nothing NORMAL about this!'

And that is totally fine by me.

I watch it all the time too.

• Like 1

Addiction....  and I'm the pusher.   

LOR controllers are the blue meth of decorating, and Dan is just 1 white cat away from being a super-villain

MUAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH!

:P:D

Don't pushers usually give the first couple for free????

Not free, but certainly cheap.

Why do you think we have 16 channel controllers and sales in the summer?  That's the hook.  Then comes the big bucks.

Addiction....  and I'm the pusher.   

LOR controllers are the blue meth of decorating, and Dan is just 1 white cat away from being a super-villain

MUAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH!

:P:D

I JUST remembered something.... The Baldwins ALREADY own a white cat!  

...And the cutest dog named Bear that wants to be a lap dog but weighs 90 lbs!

post-7637-0-98648200-1449765539_thumb.jp