Light-O-Rama Forums

PlanetChristmas chat room is down for bad behaver!!!

NkySpike65

maybe if they had mods who didnt delete threads without notifying the poster and censor like crazy for no reason people wouldnt be in a 'grouchy mood"

im going to get MYSQL for my site and start my own place cuz over there is getting stupid

Not really to sure...

I work 12 hour shifts and it being Sunday today I was able to get on work's pc off and on thought out the day...

Last time I was on PC forum was around 2pm I think and it was ok, then went back about 5:25 pm and saw the site was down...

Okay, I'm not afraid to post this, I'm moderator 21. Now, I have no clue what 27 did, but I just wanted to say that my job (as I understood) was to keep it clean, and answer/fix anything that was brought to my attention by a member, (which I'd assume is the same over here), I really have no disagreement for anyone who wants to bash me and say I'm a "stereo-typical Teenage boy" (believe me, I'm use to it).

The point is, Don't let the minority, ruin it for the majority. One moderator acted wrong, but don't assume just because we're the same "social rank" that we are similar/act similar.

All of the moderators were assigned to the "keeping PC better in 08" forum, but It spread too quickly for us to control it, and even if we did...it would have probably started another thread.

I really don't use my options that were given to me, I only change somthing if another moderator suggested it in the moderator's fourm, or if a member(s) feels offened by it.

Questions/threats/concerns about my maturity level? Drop me an e-mail.

Wow, and they think taking down the boards is going to fix everything?

It's like they're in elementary school and because their feelings got hurt, they aren't going to let their friends play with their new video game.

I was pretty neutral with the heat on the moderators, but this is amazing. The problem comes down to them wanting to control what other people say, but that just isn't going to happen. I'm a firm believer of letting people show that they are idiots. If someone goes on a random tirade against someone else, leave it up. It only makes them look stupid and hopefully the embarrassment will make them leave. If a e-fight breaks out between two posters, give them month long vacations, but leave their posts up.

Coincidently enough, I just signed up at the Constantly Christmas forums yesterday. I'd still rather not leave PC though, but we'll see what happens when Chuck lets us back in.

I have vbulletin setup and configured on my website and can start running a similar website if anyone is interested. I will need to setup the individual forums, but that won't take too long.

Let me know if any one is interested in getting another site going!

You all act like this has not happened before... It has... nothing changed... a few less members... but they just sneak in on alternate accounts. Why ask for feedback if you don't really want it. This is not the 1st time the plug has been pulled... nor will it be the last.

Again with the "he's being immature", He's not. The posters of messages like that are. That is his bord, and his rules, You, (I'll include myself) are expendable, wether or not you agree with chuck or not, it wont make you stray away from this hobby, ( i hope not). And the fact of the matter is, everyone has a right to not be in PC, nobody is dictating and telling you that you must abide by his rules. But the marginal benifit of gaining great knowledge and making friends, should outweigh the marginal cost of just holding your opinions in once and a while, and following 3 rules (not that many). If not, then you're probably not the best canidate for PC.

And to not start flames here, bash me out on my e-mail, bandkid4ever2000 at yahoo.com

I have seen the same thing happen on other forums... a issue develops in a thread and instead of the mods/admins handling the situation with the involved parties, behind the scenes, they punish everyone by shutting down the whole forum. Then, when the forum is back on line, there is a tidal wave of questions as to what happened... w/o any replies from the admins or mods. So everyone is left scratching their head in wonder.