Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel lights

anthonyrusso3

Anyone have pixels lighting up for no reason during show ? Running E682 first 4 plug ins 80 ws2811 pixels, 2nd 3 plug ins 100 ws2811 pixels, and last plug in 1 with 17 pixels. Using null pixels every 10 feet, tried new cat 6 cable, tried new controller, checked the songs, and tried lowering the voltage down to 11.3 volts nothing seems to work. Any ideas I'm running out.

No they all seem to light up fine, but why would you need power injection when the lights shouldn't even be on?

Correct power makes them behave correctly.

Just today I added an injection to a very long run because I noticed once in a while pixels would stay on until the next command, mainly white would stay on, few other colors. this happened very rarely, although I was the only one who noticed it, it bugged me. I added power and all is good tonight.

Are they coming on by themselves or staying on?

There coming on by themselves don't look fully lit and sometimes seem to go to the beat. Could just be a illusion though. But it'shappening on all 8 of the items hooked up. Some are right next to the controller. Farthest maybe 30 foot away. I use 3 null pixels on that one and it looks and runs fine.

Does sound like a power or wiring issues. I was trying to troubleshoot stuck pixel and some random flashing as well. I didn't find it until my little one picked up a cord and it went away. On inspection there was a poor connection. Cleaned and issue went away.

I just changed the Ethernet cable again, I re-routed it and checked all connections. Ran test mode 10 on the e682 they all are lit and look nice, I guess i will wait till dark to  see what happens.

I didn't notice until I was filming, but all of my null pixels have a very small glow to them. You really can't see it unless you're looking, but I thought they shouldn't be on at all.  Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?