Light-O-Rama Forums

christmas light fight

kingfish

Orville last night a differant channel was playing last years episodes is it possable you watch the wrong one? i belive this year there are new host even. recorded it but haven't watched yet.

I only have an HD Antenna, no cable{refuse to pay for a service to watch TV and still have commercials!}. 

And, No I saw the real show, it's just a couple of the displays were so close to being identical and those same displays won this year that were so darn similar to last years, it just made me think I was watching a repeat of last years show!     But after looking at it again and the previous years, yes, definitely different, but also very close to almost identical setups in a lot of aspects on a few of them, and that's what threw me off to think they were repeat shows.

If you listened to them a lot were on last year... they just added a few things for this year or changed some around... like the one who said he had been doing it for the last 30 years.. he even said he was on last year..

Guys, let me put this to rest once and for all.  A family member of mine works for ABC television.  I can say with 100% certainty that there have been no repeats from previous years.  Similar setups, yes.  But, absolutely no repeating families.  

Hope this helps!

If you listened to them a lot were on last year... they just added a few things for this year or changed some around... like the one who said he had been doing it for the last 30 years.. he even said he was on last year..

Which one was that?

Don't think they really need to. Not a lot of options when you search for Christmas light controller. I am surprised at the music. They must be willing to pay royalty fees.

I'm really jealouse of this neighborhood addition

This was a great episode.  Very Christmas oriented this time I think.. I am with you, jealous. 

Why is no one talking about LOR on Christmas Light Fight, That would be great advertising for LOR ? 

No logos are allowed.  You have to sign the contract that says you will  not promote anything...

I'm really jealouse of this neighborhood addition

This was a great episode.  Very Christmas oriented this time I think.. I am with you, jealous. 

Why is no one talking about LOR on Christmas Light Fight, That would be great advertising for LOR ? 

No logos are allowed.  You have to sign the contract that says you will  not promote anything...

I've Heard of the no logo thing since season one, the first season they put black tape across the LOR logo on the enclosures, this season they are just keeping the doors open so far. Even my wife was watching and said hey look their using LOR lol

I've Heard of the no logo thing since season one, the first season they put black tape across the LOR logo on the enclosures, this season they are just keeping the doors open so far. Even my wife was watching and said hey look their using LOR lol

That wouldn't wok for my controllers, I even have them labeled on the inside of the front door, LOR CONTROLLER )1, LOR CONTROLLER 02, etc., etc. with a black sharpie, so they'd have to tape over the inside of the door to cover mine.  LOL    The markings can be erased with a pink pencil eraser, and is what I do it I would ever change the controller ID # or decide to sell them at some point in the future, so very easy to remove with a little harsh rubbing and a pink pencil eraser.

BTW: That was really great show Monday with the neighborhoods!   Makes me want to sell my current place and move to Celebration in that neighborhood!     on my street, I'm the only animated show, and a static display across the street from me, and a couple of others on the other side of our circular road, other than that, not much to see in the back where I am.   But there are a few streets with quite a few nicely decorated homes with static displays in the neighborhood.

Edited by Orville

BTW: That was really great show Monday with the neighborhoods!   Makes me want to sell my current place and move to Celebration in that neighborhood!     on my street, I'm the only animated show, and a static display across the street from me, and a couple of others on the other side of our circular road, other than that, not much to see in the back where I am.   But there are a few streets with quite a few nicely decorated homes with static displays in the neighborhood.

LOL.....that's exactly what I said to my wife when I saw Christmas on Comton (or what ever the street was)

She agreed but with one stipulation ......It had to be that street in Hawaii B)  

I liked all three of the neighborhoods. I would love to do that on my cul-de-sac 10 of the 12 houses currently have lights now.

I liked all three of the static displays on the second half of the show.

It's too bad they don't show more of the completed displays lit up.  The stories of each family or neighborhood are ok, but if you blink you'll miss the shot of the display(s) lit up. 

We are just happy to see other folks still go "Old school"​ like we do and not with all flashing , loud music and craziness. we'll stick with traditional, thank you very much! tis a shame the GCLF is more about impressing the host with dancing, food, hot air balloons etc. etc. this year then the displays. And I often wonder do these folks decorate inside their homes at all, you can't live outside 24/7.

I appreciate all types of displays.  Whether it be a large or small static display or a sychornized display to music.  IMO there are some displays that are better off left static :rolleyes:.  But then again it's all up to the individual and that's what makes it so interesting when looking at displays as no two are alike.   

Personally I like my display either static or synchronized to the music.   I have elements of both new and old school.  I actually run static with only part of my display 4 nights a week and animated the other 3 nights. 

Well Mr. Nelson, I did enjoy your display on the fight this evening.  Those redwoods were cool.  For years I planted my Christmas trees in the front yard every year.  Got up to about 40 feet.  I also liked your four huge monitors on your sequencing computer!  Makes my two seem pathetic!  Although that's changing early next year....  When did you have to be setup for the filming?

I'm not going to put out the spoiler, so someone else will have to, or people will have to watch the show...

Sorry for the double post.  The 10:00 PM painfully slow forum got me...

Edited by k6ccc

Craig, you did an amazing job and represented the LOR community very very well!!!

Even though you didn't win the trophy, you have won the smiles you put on peoples faces. That's priceless!!!

You were so natural along with your display. Not a street band, choir and cheerleaders. That was GREAT!!!

It was also nice to see another fellow LOR user Mike Z which also had an amazing display.

it was awesome to see you both and your displays.

Great job!!!

Tom

Well Mr. Nelson, I did enjoy your display on the fight this evening.  Those redwoods were cool.  For years I planted my Christmas trees in the front yard every year.  Got up to about 40 feet.  I also liked your four huge monitors on your sequencing computer!  Makes my two seem pathetic!  Although that's changing early next year....  When did you have to be setup for the filming?

I'm not going to put out the spoiler, so someone else will have to, or people will have to watch the show...

Thank you kind sir..   I had to be up and running by Oct 18th when they did the shoot.   The first shots were in Sept before I put the lawn stuff in.  Then 2 weeks before the main shoot we had a lightning storm.. the EMP took out lots of the Plasma Icicles on the house.. Had to troubleshoot and rebuild about half of them.  That was perhaps my most stressful part. 

Those redwoods are about 40-45' and my bucket truck will not reach anymore.  Not sure what to do now..  LOL

• Like 1