Light-O-Rama Forums

OpenGL - Again

Don

Last night I used Pixel editor on this very machine, no problems.

Today PE is telling me that I don't have openGL 1.5 or higher. No Windows Updates ran, nor any other updates I know of.

Anyone have any ideas what causes that?

That same Message happened to me last night.  I was using PE and shut it down, then remembered I want to make a change and went right back in and got the message.

When that happens, can either of you do a screen capture of PE's Help > About window and post it here? That will help diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Interesting side note. I was attempting to load PE via remote desktop. When I load the PE from the local desktop it loads just fine. When I tried via RDP that machine would give the OpenGL error. (And yes, the laptop that I was using at the time would run PE as well with no problems.)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/bbayjohn/PE%20Open%20GL_zps1awl1dwt.png

When trying to load pe I get the same message about OpenGL .

As the program wont open sequences where do I find the help file?

Older windows 7 pro 64 bit , 4g ram Inte® Core2 Duo CPU E6550 @2.33Ghz.

Can I still use intensity files created via another computer that runs widows 8 on this older show computer?

Can I still use intensity files created via another computer that runs widows 8 on this older show computer?

Yes, you can -- as long as the version on the show computer is 4.0 or later.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Any fix to this?  I'm getting the same problem when opening Pixel Editor.  I did a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop and ran windows update and it's all up to date.  Then installed the latest version of LOR 4.2.12.  Pixel Editor worked previously when I was running version 4.0.38.

Any fix to this?  I'm getting the same problem when opening Pixel Editor.  I did a clean install of windows 7 on my laptop and ran windows update and it's all up to date.  Then installed the latest version of LOR 4.2.12.  Pixel Editor worked previously when I was running version 4.0.38.

Can you post a screen shot of what is shown in the Help > About window?

You need to have the latest video drivers that support your graphics hardware. Windows doesn't always load this automatically. Sometimes it is necessary to go to the web site of graphics card manufacturer to get those drivers.

Matt

I got the same message on a different laptop that I have. I opened the GL with a program and found that my video card had an open gl of 1.1. Tried to find an update to no avail. My assumption is the graphics for the pixel editor need the higher open gl to open the visualizer part of PE and make it work properly.

SPaschall