Light-O-Rama Forums

viewing show while running

mikid

Walk outside and look at the lights?  Not understanding what you're asking.

Or do you mean you want to run the visualizer so you can see the simulation of the show on the computer screen while the actual show is watching?

• Like 1

I think the OP is wanting to watch the show on his computer while its running, but not too clear on exactly what he means by watching it while running.

Therefore, these are the only 2 options I can offer:

#1. You can't watch an entire show live while running on your computer at the same time using the LOR Software{only one song loaded at a time using the SE would be the only way}, so the only real way to do that is with outside cameras that could feed the show while running live to your computer, and you could even stream that so others could also watch it too that aren't in your area!   Just make you the cameras have audio pickup or feed the audio separately to the streaming software o others can hear the music too.

#2. Just walk outside, have a small portable FM radio{if using an FM Transmitter} or outdoor speakers, or combination thereof, depending on your set up and the hardware you have.

Other than those 2, don't know of any other way to watch a live light show while it's running.

If anyone has any other options, they'll chime in I'm sure.

Edited by Orville

The Visualizer will run just fine withe the show running either from the scheduled show or on demand show player.

If the Visualizer is working from the SE, it should work from the show player, on the show machine of course.

There was a way to watch on a different PC on the same network, but I have not used it recently since the software upgrades.

I would have to hunt it down, somewhere on the forums from several years ago.

It was not  endorsed by LOR.

OK Found it, but use at your own risk.  Haven't tried it in years, may not work.

To play the Visualizer remotely over IP"

1) Launch the Visualizer on the remote machine and choose the File:Option menu item.

2) Click the "6 Com/Ref" Tab

3) Under "Communications" click the drop down and select the network adapter for your computer.

4) Make note of the IP address and Port.

5) Click OK and launch the  the Visualizer.

6) On the show computer in the Sequence Editor click Menu item Edit Prefs:Visualizer Preferences.

7) In the Visualizer Host window enter the IP address you copied down from the remote computer's Visualizer program.

8) Make sure the port number is the same, then click OK.

9) Restart the Sequence Editor, ensure you select "Control 
Visualizer" in the Play menu and your remote PC will be able to play the simulation remotely.

10) To restore it to normal just change the IP and port back to it's original host IP of 127.0.0.1 and 30303. But do it in both machines if you expect them to both behave normally.

Edited by PhilMassey

I just tested the procedure that Phil listed and it works just fine.  I had previously done that, but like Phil, not for quite a while.  My show computer is running version 4.2.4 and my sequencing computer is 4.3.2.  I was a little concerned about adding CPU load on my old slow show computer, but it wasn't enough to hardly notice according to the task manager. 

May set up yourself a wireless camera outside and you can sit and watch your show on it... you can also set it in a way that you can see if someone is going into your yard..

May set up yourself a wireless camera outside and you can sit and watch your show on it... you can also set it in a way that you can see if someone is going into your yard..

I have 8 cameras around my front yard. Too many???