Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem Importing Channel Configurations

randallr

I was working on building sequence with new stuff, then hoping to Import into old sequences - hopefully into a seperate track.

However, when I click on file to import, it doesn't give me the old options, it just overwrites how ever many channels I'm importing... I recall it used to add them, not overwrite existing channels.... Is it just me?

I've tried this on several sequences... The 'import' command overwrites the current sequence starting at the top.. Does not give you the prompt to 'overwrite' or the one to import animation also....

Not sure if I under your question 100%, but the way I've always merged sequences or brought in configuration files with an existing sequence in place is like this....

I start off with the new sequence, for the sake of argument say channels 1-128.

Then I add 128 blank channels above channel 1 that are empty. Now there are 256 channels in the sequence. What used to be 1-128 is now at the bottom of the file, or 129-256 if you will (simplifying for the sake of discussion).

Then I import the desired configuration file and that comes into the top 128 channels.

I merge the two sets of 128 channels as necessary, copying groups of channels from the old into the new, etc. After the top 128 channels are to my liking, then I delete channels 129-256 and am left with the desired sequence....

Does that help answer your question a bit?

Thanks, Randy

Thats great.. Didn't think about adding blank channels at the top... I rthought in LORI it gave you the option to append or replace.. Maybe I have forgotten.

Now I wonder if there's any way to MOVE a bunch of channels to a different track, instead of clicking on each one individually?

Guest wbottomley

randallr wrote:

Now I wonder if there's any way to MOVE a bunch of channels to a different track, instead of clicking on each one individually?

Not at the time as I know of.

I created a second track with copy of channels- then went into Channel Property Grid and clicked x to Delete, and Y for Yes to delete the ones I didn't want.. Just took a minute to zip through them...

I love the Channel Property Grid!!!