Light-O-Rama Forums

Videos Of Light Show

t2gren

Guest wbottomley

I'm use to editing on high-end systems. I tried Windows MM and let me tell you, I gave up. Went ahead and bought Avid Xpress Pro and now I'm back in business.

When I exported my movie out, I used quicktime codec configured to 720x486. My video's didn't turn out bad on youtube.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm use to editing on high-end systems. I tried Windows MM and let me tell you, I gave up. Went ahead and bought Avid Xpress Pro and now I'm back in business.

When I exported my movie out, I used quicktime codec configured to 720x486. My video's didn't turn out bad on youtube.

William,
I saw your videos on YouTube and I agree - the quality is pretty good. Just curious as to how large your files end up when exporting? I experimented with different output format and it seemed Quicktime files were much larger than wmv files with approximatey the sames settings. I'm using Avid Liquid (base edition). From reviews I've read, the interface is a little quirky as compared to othe NLE's. But it works fine for me with the limited amount of editing I do. When I finally make the jump to a hi-def camera, I'll probaly upgrade to something like you have.

Mark

Guest wbottomley

Mark... my files were pretty large. Silver Bells: 872 meg, TSO Christmas Eve: 397meg. Avid Liquid pretty good. I have the older version 5.5 which was Pinnacle Liquid.

Decided to jump into Avid Xpress Pro so I can edit HD later on and it has the same interface as the newscutters at the TV station.

The problem with those large files, it took forever to upload them but the quality is outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding YouTube video quality, I discovered a video hosting site that allows you to upload your video as HD, currently, only 720p, but the quality looks a lot better than YouTube. Richard H. recorded one of his videos in HD and uploaded it to the site as well (that's where I found out about it). The only issue right now, is you are limited to 500MB of uploaded video a week, so you may run into the bottle neck, if you try and upload all your LOR sequences at one time. It may have to spread across 2 or 3 weeks, depending on how large your videos are.

This video was limited to 2000kB/s, and is an AVI or MOV file, if I remember correctly. It was recorded using a Sony HDR-SR1 camcorder, and the video was deinterlaced, and scaled to 720p, prior to uploading.

You'll notice that the video does have a slight grain to it, which I think is due to this camcorder not being 3CCD, it also could be due to the compression, since it is AVCHD to begin with... This video file is around 150MB, IIRC.

Here is Richard H's video.