Light-O-Rama Forums

Error: Loading visualization file

HowardShank

I created a new visualization file. The file contains DMX, normal LOR devices and Symbols.

When I try to load the visualization into SuperStar it errors and does not function correctly.

I've attached the visualization file.

Software Version 4.2.10.

post-2801-0-26404400-1449285793_thumb.pn

post-2801-0-57949500-1449285829_thumb.pn

2015 Visualization.zip

Now any time I try to load SuperStar editor, it errors. I can select File->New and it continues to error. I do not know how to clear this and reload cleanly.

Regards,

Howard

SS will not import any fixture that has more then 200 draw points, that is normal. I had no problems opening it in SS other then one of the red candy canes would not load. Make sure that you check the Scrunch sequencing grid box in the import Viz option box.

It appears SuperStar is "stuck" in visualization mode... Don't know how to turn it off...

SS will remain in Visualization mode unless you configure it to CCR mode. It is ok, when you export the sequence it will keep the unit ID's that you have assigned in the LOR Visualizer file. Most of what you have is not CCR so just leave that part alone.

SS will not import any fixture that has more then 200 draw points, that is normal. I had no problems opening it in SS other then one of the red candy canes would not load. Make sure that you check the Scrunch sequencing grid box in the import Viz option box.

Scrunch does not solve it for this issue. 

SS will remain in Visualization mode unless you configure it to CCR mode. It is ok, when you export the sequence it will keep the unit ID's that you have assigned in the LOR Visualizer file. Most of what you have is not CCR so just leave that part alone.

Thanks, I got past the visualizer mode, but it still doesn't solve my issue of being able to load the visualizer file. I see the visualization on the screen, but the grid makes no sense... The grid looks like it contains all my elements.

Scrunch does not solve it for this issue. 

on the import dialogue box, yer choosing vertical correct? I had no problem importing you viz file. Your computer may be causing issues.

What are you putting for max length on the grid?

on the import dialogue box, yer choosing vertical correct? I had no problem importing you viz file. Your computer may be causing issues.

What are you putting for max length on the grid?

I have it working now. Selected vertical and 50 for the grid. Shows my visualization and all DMX RGB pixels on the grid. Thanks for your help.

I have it working now. Selected vertical and 50 for the grid. Shows my visualization and all DMX RGB pixels on the grid. Thanks for your help.

I was wondering about that, i have done the same thing, forgot to check ventricle. Horizontal is mainly just for the mega trees. Glad ya got it going. Did red candy cane 1 load ok for you?

I took a look at the visualization. SuperStar has a limit of 64 rows. It is running out of rows so is not able to put all the props and fixtures on the grid. You are also getting a warning saying that one of the fixtures exceeds 200 points and only the first 200 points will get drawn. This is just a warning and you can ignore it.

To fix the 64 row problem this is what I did:

Bring up the "Mega 1" Prop

Click on the "SuperStar" button

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=31, Column=1

Bring up "Tree 1 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=1

Bring up "Tree 2 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=9

Bring up "Tree 3 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=17

Bring up "Tree 4 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=25

Save and import into superstar again

In the import visualization dialog box set sequencing grid "MaxLength" to 80

The trees and mega tree will now both start on column 1 and so it only takes 36 sequencing rows for the whole display

I tried some morphs on the trees and a visEffect morph on the whole display. It looked pretty cool! That's quite the light display you have!

I was wondering about that, i have done the same thing, forgot to check ventricle. Horizontal is mainly just for the mega trees. Glad ya got it going. Did red candy cane 1 load ok for you?

Red Candy Cane 1 still won't load. Tried both import settings for scrunch and no scrunch.

I took a look at the visualization. SuperStar has a limit of 64 rows. It is running out of rows so is not able to put all the props and fixtures on the grid. You are also getting a warning saying that one of the fixtures exceeds 200 points and only the first 200 points will get drawn. This is just a warning and you can ignore it.

To fix the 64 row problem this is what I did:

Bring up the "Mega 1" Prop

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=31, Column=1

Bring up "Tree 1 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=1

Bring up "Tree 2 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=9

Bring up "Tree 3 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=17

Bring up "Tree 4 - DMX Pixels"

Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=1, Column=25

Save and import into superstar again

In the import visualization dialog box set sequencing grid "MaxLength" to 80

The trees and mega tree will now both start on column 1 and so it only takes 36 sequencing rows for the whole display

I tried some morphs on the trees and a visEffect morph on the whole display. It looked pretty cool! That's quite the light display you have!

Thanks Brian,

It appears that I only get 31 strands on my 32 strand mega tree. Should the first one be Select "Force SuperStar Row/Column" and set Row=32, Column=1?

I get all 32 strands on my computer. The Row/Column terminology matches if you import vertically. But for displays like yours it is best to import "horizontal" and when horizontal row increase as you go to the right and column increases as you go up. So Row 32 moves it to the right, column=1 keeps it at the bottom. Carefully count the rows, you should be getting 32.

Note that I set Row=31 so that it would match up with the hash lines at the bottom

I get all 32 strands on my computer. The Row/Column terminology matches if you import vertically. But for displays like yours it is best to import "horizontal" and when horizontal row increase as you go to the right and column increases as you go up. So Row 32 moves it to the right, column=1 keeps it at the bottom. Carefully count the rows, you should be getting 32.

Note that I set Row=31 so that it would match up with the hash lines at the bottom

Brian,

Importing Horz I see my 4 - 8 strand trees (DMX Universe 33 thru 48) and my 32 strand mega tree (DMX Universe 1 thru 32). Of course, everything is flipped sideways... Guess it's a good thing my brain can work in weird ways!

As I'm writing this I'm exploring SSS. What is confusing me now is additional rows 1 thru 4 that correspond with the other props. Each one appears to be an element found within the 4 detection lines during import.  For instance R1C1 is prop Bell-TL, R1C2 is Roof-Icicles-White-Left, R1C3 is Roof-Icicles-MC-Left.  Do I just ignore them or are they useful to me? If useful, what can I do with them?

Feature request: Have some indicator on screen of the device/channel/universe that you are hovering over, selected or whatever

Thanks for your help.

Howard

post-2801-0-65930000-1449326931_thumb.pn

post-2801-0-86748300-1449326945_thumb.pn

As you say, the other lights in your display are mapped to squares on the top of the sequencing grid. Yes, they are useful. You can apply scenes and morphs to them the same way to do to the trees.

Your feature request is a good one, but for now, the way to tell what a square on the grid maps to is to be in scene mode and click on the square and see what item on your display gets highlighted.

• Like 1

Ok. I'll broach the "how are they useful?" question sometime next year. Since most of them are single color light/strings on a single channel and the effects like shimmer and such are not available in SSS I'm at a loss to figure out what to do with them. For the moment I'll just use the trees in the grid to get my effects on the DMX/RGB elements and I'll leave the new learning till next year.

Thanks.