Light-O-Rama Forums

Controlling lights

BlackwolfK9

I'm sure I"m having a brain cramp...but....I have 3 groups of props, when I run the show, all is good (mostly) but if I run the sequence from the pixel editor only one of the 3 groups comes on.

If you are controlling lights from within the Pixel Editor, it will only control lights on DMX (USB or E1.31) and *enhanced* LOR networks.

Matt

I'm only talking about the props on my Alphapix 4 controller, no LOR controllers.  They are all connected to the Alphapix via e1.31.  I don't have any other props defined in PE, just the ones I mentioned above.

So you have 3 props sequenced using the Pixel Editor, connected via E1.31. You save the intensity data file and it plays correctly in the Show Player, but not via Control Lights in the Pixel Editor?

This is from the same computer, or is the Show Player on a different one?

Matt

I think I figured out my problem, as I stated earlier, brain cramp.  Last night I put a switch in my home so I could see the show computer from my laptop, but also be able to run the show computer without swapping ethernet cables, well what I neglected to check was that on my development laptop, I had only defined one universe and not 4.

I think I figured out my problem, as I stated earlier, brain cramp.  Last night I put a switch in my home so I could see the show computer from my laptop, but also be able to run the show computer without swapping ethernet cables, well what I neglected to check was that on my development laptop, I had only defined one universe and not 4.

Be careful with your E1.31 stuff on your home network. It can really slow things down.

If I was you I would put a second network card in your PC or buy a USB one and set up the connections.

E1.31 can use tens of gigabytes a day and slow stuff down so much with it's constant packets.