Light-O-Rama Forums

Retailers that carry SPT 1?

seriouslylosingit

Anybody know of a retailer that carries this? Big box store type? I checked the local Home Depot and no luck.

Thanks

R

Also ask for it as 'lamp cord', big box help isn't always help. It isn't always by the wire and may be in the lighting section as well.  The Home Depot had it, not sure if you have a Menards close by, but they also carry it.  Might only be in white or brown for color selection.

Thanks! I talked to Ace and its $0.79/ft... Which is ridiculous.. I guess if it comes down to it, I will have to buy it..

But I had never thought to look in the lighting section.. Always went for the wiring section....

The search continues....

I have never been so excited to find wire in Menards. It makes perfect sense now, but I would have never thought to look in the lighting department.

And, it was $42 for 250 feet. So much for $.79 a foot...

Thanks

Roberta

I got mine online from Environmental LED.  $80 for 500 ft.  Shipping was basically free because I had a discount code for 10% off which covered the cost of shipping.

shoulda ordered from LOR...

Edited by Jaynee

Home Depot and lowes has some, but only in brown. It's mixed in with the spt2 wire you have to look at them all to see if they have any

Glad you found it.

I usually pick it up when the have a good sale on it. Brown and white match the house so that works. The green wire through LOR is a good price, only problem is that it doesn't come on a spool. 150' into it, I start a 350' bird's nest.

Friendly reminder that there is a correct way to attach the vampire plugs.

That was the plan, except it slipped when I had it on the roof. Made a grab and pulled the wrong piece.

I guess its better the spool got a little messed up instead of me.

Buy mine, although it is lamp cord, and I think that's SPT2 since it's thicker and clear, at the local Electronics Surplus Outlet known as SkyCraft in my area.  And the clear is very easy to hide both day and night unless it's on something that enhances it.  Only color is the silver strands and the copper strands do give it a wee bit of color. 

Only thing I've not seen them have in there are the vampire plugs{male} and female receptacles that match.   But last time I bought it in-store, I only paid somewhere around .05¢-.10¢ a foot for it, just know I got a lot of wire for less than what the cost per foot price was  I've seen it going for in home Depot, Lowes, Hardware and Lighting stores, and including on-line.   Only issue is it doesn't come on a spool if you don't buy the entire spools they have it on.   However, sometimes they have an empty spool or two lying around and they've always put it one of them at no cost when I've asked them.

Edited by Orville