Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest question

Ponddude

So I submitted my videos for the contest, and I am just re-reading the entry page, and I have a question now. It says...

"Videos Accepted: VHS, miniDV, DVD or Electronic Video File such as WMA."

Now I submitted my videos in MOV format. Is that ok or do you want me to re-render them?

Just wondering.

Greg

Dan- I just tried to send my video, it's a 47mb .wmv file, and it's rejected as being too large of an attachment... Can you tell me the max size that it can be?

(I knew I should have burned a disc and mailed, but I'm always perplexed by the whole -r +r issues)

Thanks

It was on your end. I know my yahoo address has a 20mb limit.. I own an ISP, and my servers are also set to 20mb, but I get to override it when I want to!

It's an HD video, but I went back and re-generated it a little smaller, about 13mb, and still looks okay. I'm going to try sending it now.

Here's the error I got back on the bigger one

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx1.biz.mail.yahoo.com.:
>>> MAIL From:<randall@basinbroadband.com> SIZE=65457699
<<< 552 message size exceeds maximum message size
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
(It shows 65mb, but the file was 47mb.. The difference must be the email overhead... Thats why email isn't a very good medium for large files....)

i sent my video as a youtbe link. is this ok? my video size is about 50mb and i am unable to send a file that large.

dan,

maybe you guyz should open your ftp site for video uploads, it would make it easier on us, and you wouldn't have to sift through all the emails

bob

robert cox wrote:

i sent my video as a youtbe link. is this ok? my video size is about 50mb and i am unable to send a file that large.

dan,

maybe you guyz should open your ftp site for video uploads, it would make it easier on us, and you wouldn't have to sift through all the emails

bob

we were going to set something up this year but we didn't get it done in time. We needed a little form so we knew what file came from who and how many channels etc...

I just tried to sumit my video and after getting rejected for being too big, I got it down to 20megs, but now I'm getting this:

: host mx5.biz.mail.yahoo.com[66.196.126.37] said: 554
delivery error: dd This account has been temporarily suspended. Please try
again later. - mta108.biz.mail.re3.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA
command)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Mesa Holiday Lights wrote:

I just tried to sumit my video and after getting rejected for being too big, I got it down to 20megs, but now I'm getting this:

: host mx5.biz.mail.yahoo.com[66.196.126.37] said: 554
delivery error: dd This account has been temporarily suspended. Please try
again later. - mta108.biz.mail.re3.yahoo.com (in reply to end of DATA
command)

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm guessing that you can't fix it. I'm thinking they turned off the account since the last date to enter the contest was yesterday according to http://www.lightorama.com/Contest.html.

• 1 month later...

Dale W wrote:

For those of us with links on websites, can we email you the link?

Was it determined if links to video files were accepted for Contest #1 (due to maximum email size issue)?

Also, was it a requirement for Contest #1 entries to be done using LOR hardware and software? The requirement was clearly stated for Contest #2 (YouTube), but I didn't see anything for Contest #1 (traditional). Our video was done while we were still using my VB program.

I certainly understand if the answer to either of these questions disqualifies us from the contest. I'm just curious if we're even in the running. There's always next year.

Thanks

Links were acceptable. Some people's links were on upload sites and they expired before we say them.

You did not have to have LOR for the Regular Contest

Dan