LED Fixture beamwidth

randallr

I've got a 1700 Watt and 2- 1250 Watt Chauvet's with the DMX interface ($25) which takes place of the wired remote. Only bad thing is that's going to really shoot up my electric bill, keeping them warm all night for a few short scenes...

My porch is about 30' wide and 6' deep. I'm planning on having the 1700watt in the middle shooting against door, and the two 1250's on each side pointing inward. I may put a couple of 700 watt units in some type of enclosure a little ways out also.

I'm only going to use the effect a couple of times for a short period. The Intimidator moving yokes are going to be mounted between the top of the columns on the porch.

michael.farney wrote:

How were you planning on keeping the foggers warm so the fluid doesn't freeze?

The fog machines keep themselves warm, and you control the fog output, just like if you kept it plugged in and hit the button..only with LOR.

michael.farney wrote:

How were you planning on keeping the foggers warm so the fluid doesn't freeze?

The foggers power supply won't be connected to a LOR power supply. Since it is 1700 watts which is about 15 amps it will most likely have it's own dedicated circuit. So it will be on constantantly staying warm which is safe nothing wrong with them being on. Then LOR through the DMX would control when the fog blasts will occur. Also fog fluid doesn't freeze. Atleast not at temps that any one would see around here.

michael.farney wrote:

Texan78 wrote:
Also fog fluid doesn't freeze.

What about sub zero temps you see in Illinois?

I plan on using some heat tape.

michael.farney wrote:

Texan78 wrote:

Since fog fluid is glycol-based or glycerine-based it would take about 40-50 below 0 to even get it to crystallize. You should be fine in Illinois, it takes a lot to freeze it if even then.

The only problem you might have which I wouldn't see it as a problem. If you have freezing or below freezing temps you might have a hard time having getting the fog to rise and disperse. The hot fog coming out will hit that cold freezing air and it will cause it to linger and fall to the ground. It won't be a instant thing but onces the fogs cools off it will fall to the ground instead of floating up. That might or might not be a good thing for you. As far as the juice freezing it wouldn't be a problem.

michael.farney

Texan78 wrote:

michael.farney wrote:
Texan78 wrote:

Since fog fluid is glycol-based or glycerine-based it would take about 40-50 below 0 to even get it to crystallize. You should be fine in Illinois, it takes a lot to freeze it if even then.

The only problem you might have which I wouldn't see it as a problem. If you have freezing or below freezing temps you might have a hard time having getting the fog to rise and disperse. The hot fog coming out will hit that cold freezing air and it will cause it to linger and fall to the ground. It won't be a instant thing but onces the fogs cools off it will fall to the ground instead of floating up. That might or might not be a good thing for you. As far as the juice freezing it wouldn't be a problem.

This is my last comment on this because I don't want to hijack the thread further. I tried it out today at 26 degrees. The fog definitely cooled. A small amount hugged the ground, but the rest stayed anywhere from 0-25 feet. It was perfect for keeping fog in the yard longer.

Let's start a new topic if we want to discuss foggers further.