Light-O-Rama Forums

As I go out to mow the front yard...

zeighty

I get a little envious of those in the north that do not have to deal 79 degrees on November 30th! I am not wishing for anything below 60, but high 70s and low 80s are "killing" me.

I have been here (Orlando) long enough (22 years)  to know that it has been cooler in November and December than in recent history. I remember being out at E.P.C.O.T. with 8pm temps around 38 degrees... not normal nor desired, but very invigorating.  60 in the shade and 70 in the sun would be perfect.  

The venting is done. I have prayed about it. Now, I have to go mow the yard, very carefully around my mini trees and arches. I suppose I could be shoveling snow... I will take mowing... just turn the temp down!  

Have a blessed Christmas and here's to your best show ever!  

• Like 1

I mowed just before I set things up on the lawn in early November. We've had a few days of 90's since, but it's really cooled off. It's mid 60's in the days and was about 40 F. when I left for work (brutal cold). Hey, there's a reason I live in So. Calif.

---  Edited to fix the AutoCorrect that my phone inserted for me  ---

Edited by k6ccc

Funny, I just talked to my daughter to is there in the Disney College Program. She is ready to come home and is looking forward to colder and wetting Oregon weather.

I don't think I could have it hot all the time, nor could I have it cold either.  Guess where ever you live you always want the opposite.

Isn't it fun to get a sunburn while Xmas decorating :) Usually the back of the neck.

I've been setting up the edges mostly, knowing I have to mow again due to the recent rain. But now it is crunch time, want to be done by Sat.

I mowed just before I set thong up on the lawn in early November. We've had a few days of 90's since, but it's really cooled off. It's mid 60's in the days and was about 40 F. when I left for work (brutal cold). Hey, there's a reason I live in So. Calif.

Setting up in a thong,,,,,,,,,,,,noooooooooooo

I know how you feel. mid 70's today. I was outside with the blower trying to get the leaves out of the tree in the front yard because it still needs to be decorated.   :)

• Like 1

Setting up in a thong,,,,,,,,,,,,noooooooooooo

AutoCorrect on my phone "fixed" what I had typed.  I wondered if anyone would catch that!  I saw that, but can't edit the post from Tapatalk.  Had to wait till I got back to a computer.  Fixed now...

AutoCorrect on my phone "fixed" what I had typed.  I wondered if anyone would catch that!  I saw that, but can't edit the post from Tapatalk.  Had to wait till I got back to a computer.  Fixed now...

Sure blame the phone, we know how those people from Cali are   :P

• Like 1

I get a little envious of those in the north that do not have to deal 79 degrees on November 30th! I am not wishing for anything below 60, but high 70s and low 80s are "killing" me.

I have been here (Orlando) long enough (22 years)  to know that it has been cooler in November and December than in recent history. I remember being out at E.P.C.O.T. with 8pm temps around 38 degrees... not normal nor desired, but very invigorating.  60 in the shade and 70 in the sun would be perfect.  

The venting is done. I have prayed about it. Now, I have to go mow the yard, very carefully around my mini trees and arches. I suppose I could be shoveling snow... I will take mowing... just turn the temp down!  

Have a blessed Christmas and here's to your best show ever!  

Been in Orlando all my life, 59 years this November 2015.  So I'm still one of the "true" native Floridians still in the state, and also part Cherokee Indian on my mothers side.   And I agree, it's too dadblasted hot for this time of year!   I do know it has snowed, if you can all it that at least 3 times in Orlando in my lifetime.   Actually lasted long enough one year someone built a 3 foot tall snowman, but ol' Frosty didn't last too long. LOL

Your temp range is exactly the way I'd prefer it too!   It's perfect weather, not too hot, nor too cold, and perfect for working on putting up displays.

I was running way behind this year on set up.....and man it couldnt have worked out better i put up 90% of my display thanksgiving and black Friday and the temps were beautiful low 70's.....its been 50 and raining since.

I'll admit that setting up a display with temps in the 60's & 70's must be nice & I was chilling tonight running the cords out from my Weber spiral tree but nothing beats a nice snow covering with all those twinking & dancing lights up here in the North East!!!

it was a nice crisp low to mid 60's here in Palmdale Ca. today... still mowed my yard again ( nice and short) hopefully for the last time until the lights come down.. before starting on my Christmas display set up.

raked the edges along the fences and wall so I could just ride my riding mower with the sweeper pulled behind to get the leaves up..  

started to take the old archs apart and rewind the lights onto cut pieces of 3/4 inch so I can just slide them over 1/2 inch PVC when I set them up... makes changing out bad sections fast instead of having to hunt for bad lights etc.  Got the 8 mini trees set up.. and the 4 colors on the eves up for a total of about 200 feet for each color..  Tomorrow will get out the Meg Tree and set it up and maybe start the wrapping of the Spiral lights on it.. 32 channel 2 colors there......

Hmmm. here in Ontario I had 2" of snow in October for 2 days, the day time temp. has been from min. 10 to plus 22 in Nov. night time temp. average 8 to -8 and then to top all this off day light saving time allows the sun to set at 5:30pm. !!!! so most of my set up during the weekdays is in the dark.

Errr umm OH YA well ummmm Oh I know the snow hides the wires so there!

Clean air water bla bla bla

We each love where we live! (and it would be nice to decorate with out heavy gloves and clothes on!)

We meant to clean up and mow the yard before we set everything out, and only realized once we staked the last animal that we had tons of leaves and longer-than-usual grass.  No WAY can the yard be mowed now, with all the cords webbed throughout the whole yard.  So we'll just hope that the cooler weather slows down the growth so that the resulting forest will be relatively minor by January 3 when we take down the decorations.

• Like 1

We meant to clean up and mow the yard before we set everything out, and only realized once we staked the last animal that we had tons of leaves and longer-than-usual grass.  No WAY can the yard be mowed now, with all the cords webbed throughout the whole yard.  So we'll just hope that the cooler weather slows down the growth so that the resulting forest will be relatively minor by January 3 when we take down the decorations.

Hi Jaynee, 

I see you are in SC - I will assume that is South Carolina. That's my former "neck of the woods".  

Grass covers the X-cords also :) but can also grow to cover lights. Learned to set them higher. More rain for later this week but if it stays cool then OK. Below 80 is good but it was over that today.

Have over 20 songs done another half dozen to finish off. Ran them all through my pixel matrix this afternoon so know where I'm at.

Now it depends on the rain and my upcoming dentist appointment to see if I can get done by Sat night but I am doubting it. Sunday or Monday latest :)

Just want the show up and running, will putter around building new stuff the rest of the month, perhaps add a song or two.

What to do... What to do...

Its a nice sunny S. Cali. day... only a slight breeze is blowing here in the High Desert of the Antelope valley... its about 67 degrees....

Should i be out putting more things up or should I go lay a couple rounds of golf today???? 

Decisions... decisions.... decisions

finish your decorating solider! :)

Looks like this Sunday morn will be my 2nd missed round in a row. Good thing we live where we can golf year round.