Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB colors not previewing correctly

DocBrown86

Right now I am using 4.2.10. I imported a sequence from last season where I had RGB floods, and dumb RGB strips. This year I replaced the dumb strips with smart pixels from HC.

1st issue: My RGB floods, ie are programmed to switch from purple to blue at one point. They show up in the grid as Red and Blue (blend to make purple), but it displays yellow on the previewer. So I programmed my smart pixels based on what I saw in the preview window as I didn't notice this right away... After programming fades between yellow and green (should have been purple and blue), I realized this. I ran the real lights just to see what it looked like and they both showed up purple and blue! Wth is going on here?! I went into preview design and switched from RGB order to RBG, and nothing changed.

2nd issue: I am using Alphapix16 from HC and my smart pixels are 50 node 5 meter strips. The strips have arrows on them showing which way is the beginning and which is the end. The arrows on the strips point from right to left on my house. I set them up in Pixel Editor that way (starting point "Right"). They respond by moving in the opposite direction from the preview window. Ugh. Alphapix has an option to "Reverse channel order" but that causes the pixels to not respond at all.

Soooooo I am stuck right now inverting colors in my head knowing I will not get what I see in Pixel Editor, annnnnd programming my motions in reverse from what I want to see on the house!!!!!

This is so frustrating and time is running short. Any ideas here??

Edited by DocBrown86

What kind of controller are the rgb floods connected to and the arrows on the pixels are to show the direction from the controller

I'm using the CMB24D controller for the floods. The floods are being controlled by the sequence editor still, and show up correctly in the Visualizer. It;s just the pixel editor preview acting screwy I think. I updated to 4.3.0 as of 15 minutes ago to try that. Wouldn't it be ok to assume that the first node on the strip would be the first to light up if it were set to universe 2, channel 1? Yet I am somehow getting the opposite. I'm kind of wishing I had just gotten the PixCon16...

Edited by DocBrown86

1) Can you post a screen capture of the prop definition window for the RGB floods?

2) Can you do the same for a prop controlled by the Alphapix? In Preview Design, the first node in a pixel string is colored blue. If the arrows on the strip go right-to-left, then the blue node should be on the right. This assumes you don't have the string reversed in the controller settings.

Matt

1) Can you post a screen capture of the prop definition window for the RGB floods?

2) Can you do the same for a prop controlled by the Alphapix? In Preview Design, the first node in a pixel string is colored blue. If the arrows on the strip go right-to-left, then the blue node should be on the right. This assumes you don't have the string reversed in the controller settings.

Matt

How do I do this? The size limit is 58.8kb... I saved the screen shot as a gif and could only get it down to 344kb!

When I finally got the size small enough as a JPEG, it was too blurry to read anything.

And the blue node is on the right side of the string, which is where the physical wire is on the strip with the arrows pointing right to left. The AlphaPix has a setting to click a box for "Reverse Channels" for each of the 16 ports, however when I check that box the lights no longer respond. So they are not reversed,m nor can I reverse them to solve my issue.

Just to add to the fun, upon opening Visualizer, I now get an error that says "Cannot enter Simulation Mode: Time is Running Backwards"

Having a rough go at it this year...Not sure what's going on but something hates me!

Edited by DocBrown86

How do I do this? The size limit is 58.8kb

You can upload the screen capture to a photo hosting site like PhotoBucket, Flickr, etc, or to a cloud storage service like dropbox, box, Google Drive, or OneDrive. Then post a link to the image. Or send me a PM and I will give you my email address and you can send them directly to me.

upon opening Visualizer, I now get an error that says "Cannot enter Simulation Mode: Time is Running Backwards"

I believe this was the issue with 4.3.0. Your profile says you are running 4.3.2 -- you may need to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.

Matt