Light-O-Rama Forums

DC3-MP3 player is not playing newer sequences

racerben77

I have a DC3-MP3 that has always worked great.  I purchased a few new sequences from WOW lights and they show on my SD card but are not playing.....any suggestions?  Thanks

I have a DC3-MP3 that has always worked great.  I purchased a few new sequences from WOW lights and they show on my SD card but are not playing.....any suggestions?  Thanks

Did you just "copy" the sequences to the SD Card directly?  If so, they won't work.   You have to use the Hardware Utility to get the sequences and MP3 file{s} onto the card as the MP3 directors read a specific format and can't read the .lms files directly, they have to be written to the card, they can't just be copied over.

If you did use the HWU or Show Builder to write the file{s} to the SD Card, did the MP3 file copy with it?  It's won't have the same filename as the MP3 you wrote, the sequence and MP3 file should having a matching number for it to function correctly.   i.e. Sequence-01.xxx MP3 file would be "filename-01.mp3"   XXX is not what the MP3 uses, it's just there to show that the sequence extension IS NOT .lms, been a while since I used a director, so don't recall the actual extension it uses.   But the sequence and MP3 file should have a matching number to function properly, and again must be WRITTEN, not copied to the SD Card.

I used the hardware utility and created a show, all of my old sequences work but the three new ones I purchased do not....I think it is the MP3 files are not correct, I will check when I get home tonight

Edited by racerben77

I used the hardware utility and created a show, all of my old sequences work but the three new ones I purchased do not....I think it is the MP3 files are not correct, I will check when I get home tonight

That could very well be it.  

Don't know about the newer MP3 Directors, but the old one I used {DC-MP3 Showtime Director} did not like any MP3 files that were in VBR, had to be CBR to play, along with the bit rate, I could get away with using up to 192k, even though the recommended was 128k, but I never had any issues using 192K CBR MP3 files, but if they were higher than 192k, my MP3 Director would not play them until I converted them to a lower bit rate and made sure they were CBR.