Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation question

Guest guest

I have noticed that the timing on the animation is a little slow on quick transitions. Since I have never used the actual LOR set up, yet, is the actual show's timing better than the animation? Is the animation just a rough estimate? Thanks!

BamaFlum wrote:

I have noticed that the timing on the animation is a little slow on quick transitions. Since I have never used the actual LOR set up, yet, is the actual show's timing better than the animation? Is the animation just a rough estimate? Thanks!

From my understanding and from what I have read, the delay of the animation is the slow response from the computer and shouldn't have an effect on the actual light show. If the editor is in time with the music as you sequenced it, then your lights should be in time as well.

Folks? I am I on the right track here?

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

BamaFlum wrote:

From my understanding and from what I have read, the delay of the animation is the slow response from the computer and shouldn't have an effect on the actual light show. If the editor is in time with the music as you sequenced it, then your lights should be in time as well.

Folks? I am I on the right track here?

Tom

The Animation window does use a lot of CPU and depending on the sequence and the machine the quality of the result will vary.

For now you can do the following: Under the play menu, turn off everything like( move grid, vary color.... ) Then when you click play the Animation window will get more power and provide a better representation.

For the future: I was told by the programmer that the new animator window uses (I do not remember exactly) something like 1/20th the cpu resources.

EAB wrote:

Yep... I was gonna suggest the wiki... ;)

Perhaps next time you'll beat me to it! (It's possible. I'm not at the computer all the time!)

To that end: Use your best judgement as to where it goes. If I think it needs to move, I'll start a discussion about it, and ask others what they think!