Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! The red progress bar isn't working properly, i'm getting blue lines..

castlechristmas

I'm not able to sequence in PE because I cannot track the music to reference cells in my timing grid. When i play the song is show a bunch of blue bars that seem to lag behind the music and the red bar is non existent! About to give up on the display. This hobby is no longer fun, thanks RGB for taking the joy away from Christmas lights.

It's ok. Everyone in this hobby feels like that sometimes.

Which version of S4 are you running? Is your music file an mp3? If so, try converting it to wma format.

Keep asking questions - we will get you up and running :)

Matt

This is my first year with RGB and yes it is a different beast. Not sure about you but I am adding RGB to existing sequences. One thing that helped me is to display some of the key channels of the existing sequences in PE. This allows me to leverage off all the sequencing and timing work I already have done. Just create props with Sequence Method equal to Sequence Editor and in the Manage Props make sure to indicate you want them to be displayed. This really helped me and it is not as important to follow the timing line across the columns. And to place effects I tend to look at the displayed waveform and then use the column guides to line everything up.

You will figure it out. If I can, you can.

Scott

I'm not able to sequence in PE because I cannot track the music to reference cells in my timing grid. When i play the song is show a bunch of blue bars that seem to lag behind the music and the red bar is non existent! About to give up on the display. This hobby is no longer fun, thanks RGB for taking the joy away from Christmas lights.

Go into tools > and make sure the fast playback marker is checked.

SPaschall

I think im having same problem noticed last night everything was off by about 2seconds so went in to carol of bells song play from beginning everything hits its mark untill i scroll over to edit than play from there song is off thus everything i placed very activating