Light-O-Rama Forums

Ready to take the plunge

angelbaby

Hi,

Im looking to purchase a 16 ch controller and the software. I hear that they have a sale in the spring so I was going to hold off on the controller. However, I was thinking of purchasing the software now so I can try out the gamma realease of LOR II. The only thing is I want to buy the software package with the connector and you cant buy that unless you buy the controller. Id like to buy the software before it goes up in price.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks...I remembering reading that thread a few days ago. I am still unclear about a few things. I want to purchase the CTB16PC-COMPLETE kit seen here:

http://store.lightorama.com/ctascpa.html

Im assuming that the only additional things I need are the software and the adapter, right? I want to buy the software now so I can upgrade to LOR II for free. I figure I would just get the software bundled with the adapter for 100 bucks shown here:

http://store.lightorama.com/spk800.html

However, it says on the website

***DOES NOT INCLUDE CONTROLLER*** YOU MUST PURCHASE A CONTROLLER TO GET THIS PACKAGE

I dont want to buy the controller until it goes on sale (Im on a tight budget). Is this a question I should just be directing to LOR support via email?

Sorry for all the questions.
Bill

Please read my comment in the thread I sent you.

LOR is pretty flexible. You may want to call them and ask if they would allow you to purchase the starter kit and the board be actally purchased during th sale.

If they are willing to allow that. I will tell you they will not ship the adapter and the cable until you purchase the board. They will ship all that at one time. This kinda give LOR the assurance that you will be getting the other items.

I am in NO way speaking for LOR. I do know what they have done for me. In my case I purchase just the board, the first being a fully assembled board. The board was out of stock at the time and still shipped the software (I paid for a CD).

Chuck