Light-O-Rama Forums

Two Weeks - No Pressure...Right?

Santas Helper

:)

Time is flying by. 

Mega tree up and running.

Snow flakes and mega arch up.

Mini trees coming this weekend, I hope.

Nice weather has put me ahead of schedule. Makes me want to add something new or something.  ;)

Adding something? Been there done that. My display is up running and tested. Then I got thinking. I've got a white shivering inflatable bear sitting around that didn't light up anymore. Hey wait a minute I've got extra RGB and DMX controllers. Within the hour I pulled out the old lights installed a string of RGB nodes and a simple DMX controller (Walla). Damn now I have to sit down to all the sequences that are completed and figure out where to put it in. Considering it was a last minute item it turned out well.

Glad you're ahead of schedule.

I'm adding 106 channels this year & so I'm really feeling the pressure.

Stable is built

Stable star and cross are up

House C9s and icicles are up

Mega Arch is up

Mega Tree is up

Spiral tree is up

Yard arches are up

Marty fan is up

RGB floods are locked to the ground

Sound & control show board is up

2 controllers out and locked to ground

Still need to finish sequencing 3 songs

Put Jesus, family and animals in stable

Wrap 16 bushes

Put out candy cane spinner

Put out dancing spikes

Attach strobe stringers to downspouts

Hang wreaths and stars

Put 18 spheres in the live trees

Set out, lock to ground and hookup 8 more controllers

Run 500 miles SPT cords

No time for testing- all better work first time!!!

Set up backyard inflatables for grandkids and nieces

And set up a static Christmas display at my dad's house. Just roofline, bushes & a live tree.

Oh me oh my, weather better hold these 2 weeks !!

If you have all that left to do. Why are you posting on the forum. Get to work man! Just joking with you sounds like you need some help

Just heard snow next week. Doesn't normally cause problems in Oklahoma this time of year, but does slow you down in the cold. Taking 1/2 day off tomorrow. That with beautiful weekend forecast, hoping I catch up with Tom.

Are you all saying I should get started soon??

Two years with no display, new residence,  only one circuit to use.      Temporary rental right now so not adding any circuits, but the good news is, all LED this year so no problem.  Hooked up lights to one controller and it amped out at 0.5 amps so I'm good there.   Hoping for my own home next year.   Divorce sucks!!!   

Good luck all, just waiting for the temp to drop below 90 so I can get out there and put stuff up, hopefully this weekend. 

I put up all 8 of my new 8' eave/gutter C9 frames yesterday afternoon.  Woke up about 3:00am to watch them almost bounce out of the gutters in the wind.  Thankfully only one was partially lifted out.  Had it gone I think it would have taken its 4 siblings with it.

I'm thinking I'll now have to clamp them to the gutters this weekend. 

Got the mega tree up but helpers had to go as soon as I tethered it down waiting on them (or one) to help get it straight. Haven't strung any lights or run any cords. Did I mention I added 8 mini trees and messed up my sequences while adding the channels. I will have blinky  lights regardless of what it looks like I have a 3 year old granddaughter that is so excited and will be happy with anything. I am usually done at least a week before lights on. Like Santa Helper said NO PRESSURE!

Oh my! While typing this I realized I forgot to plug in the star on top of the tower! Have you ever had one of those years? 

Papa

Did I mention I added 8 mini trees and messed up my sequences while adding the channels.

Papa

Hey Papa, I haven't forgot about you. I will go thru them this weekend.

Well was out front with granddaughter and she says "Papa you star is broken" Yep, it came apart I will have to take the tower down last year 1/3 of the star didn't work, I got that fixed now I have to get the star to stay together.

Papa

I don't know how some of you guys do it with the big displays, do you guys work? My first year, I have 7 trees with 148 - 70count LEDs, I still have 3 trees to go. 7 mini trees done, my holdman star is done, roof line half done. Right now it is snowing, will melt by friday afternoon, this weekend looks good, I hope, in the low 50's. I always had a static display with one color on each tree, it would take a weekend. I am not  9 days into set up, and I am thinking do I want to do this every year. I am sure I will change my mind when I light it up and see it for the first time. 

Everyone good luck with set-up

Gary   Northern Wisconsin

Yeah Gary, 55+ hours a work week for me.

Started planning in Dec 2014 after that show was up & running. Have no life outside of work and this all consuming hobby.

LOVE IT BTW

I am all setup and ready to go. Started  putting up the mega trees the first week of October. After taking a 2 year break it feels good to do it again. Added the 4 singing Christmas trees this year. Even got in a couple of videos the other night. 50 mph winds last night and only had a few mini trees blown over. Excited once again.

I haven't started yet. I hope to get most of it done this weekend but I don't know. I still have some sequencing left to do also. I am usually ready to go by now. I'll make it as will most.

Yup full time job 3rd shift, plus ot hours, plus taking care of my 3 year old during the day. Any time to myself is usually blinky flashy time lol. Oh plus I sequence on my hour lunch break at 3am in the morning lol

Pixel tree is up along with the elements on the house. Just 16 mini trees, 16 candy canes, 2 candy cane spinners, 2 arches, and 2 circles left. Oh yes, and running tons of extension cords and all that good stuff. Getting there!

• The topic was locked