Light-O-Rama Forums

Effect Generator

BlackwolfK9

I created 3 effects in the effect generator and the show up in the preview box up top and I can put them in the sequence, but I can't get more than 3 to save up top.  What am I doing wrong?

I assume you are referring to the effect thumbnails in the upper left window... Which effects get shown there change when you click on a grid cell that contains an effect. How many get shown depends on the dimensions of your prop and the size of the window where the thumbnails get displayed, as well as the number of unique effects you have used in your sequence. 

Did you know you can drag the vertical separator between the top 2 windows? You can also drag the horizontal separator between those windows and the sequencing area. If you drag those, does the number of thumbnails displayed change?

Matt

post-2660-0-53293100-1447303261_thumb.pn

I did drag, etc. and I tried adding the garland effect to a candy cane, could never get it to appear in the preview thumbnails and the other thumbnails were very erratic about appearing or not at all.

The next best thing is to add it as a favorite in the effect generator - it is easy to recall that way.

I've had a request to make favorites selectable from the sequence grid without going into the effect generator. That feature will probably be added next year.

Matt

Even saving it as a favorite did not do the trick, just the whole preview thumbnail thing doesn't seem to function correctly, even to the point of frustration.  Fixes and enhancements need to come along pretty soon.

Sorry. I didn't mean that saving as a favorite would make that effect appear on the thumbnail display. I meant that it would make it easier to recall that effect - by opening the effect generator and double-clicking on the favorite.

Could you please attach a screen-shot of your PE screen with the thumbnails displayed?

Thanks,

Matt