Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie lighting up tonight,I hope

Slowpoke

First of all, just want to say thank you to all the members here on the forum. I learned a wealth of information by reading all the posts. And thanks for sharing , I did make my sequences from scratch but nice to see how everyone else did it and learned a lot by checking them out. I have 6 sequences completed and may add a couple more. I purchased two controllers, have about 8500 led lights, with a singing tree , two arches, two megatrees, and various house lights. Everything is up and wired , after ordering more spt wire, twice. Controllers are mounted and everything plugged in . Tonight I will run the cat 5 cable to them and try it out . I really can't wait to see it all in action ! A lot of you on here have been doing this a while , but being my first year , the anticipation is nerve racking for me . Remember your first year ? I hope everything goes according to plan . Thank you to light o rama for the awesome products and top notch customer service. Keeping my fingers crossed for successful night tonight . Jesse.

Edited by Slowpoke
  • Like 1

This is my 10th year. 

I can still remember my first year when I tested the lights.  Had any of the neighbors been looking out the windows they would have been treated to seeing a fool dancing in the street. 

Trust me, you will remember.

Tom

Thanks ya'll. Will definately be doin my happy dance if all goes according to plan . Hope to get a video made soon.

My first year was 2011. When I lit everything up for the first time, I watched the first sequence and said, "WOW! That is cool. Fast forward 2 years. After getting my feet wet with a bit of RGB in 2012, I decided to go mostly pixel and basic RGB. when I lit up the display in 2013, I had a Joygasm.

Welcome to the addict........... I mean, hobby.

Good luck on your first start up.

Good luck. It's still a thrill every year :)

After you hook up the CAT cable remember to run hardware. Sometimes after disconnecting and moving the boxes you need to do this. Hate looking at a black night and don't know why!

Still lots of time to do more songs. I work right into deep December. Part of the "whole season spirit" thing for me. Never done.

Good luck.  This is my first year also and can not wait to light up the yard. I decided I would not put the controlers in the yard until thanksgiving, because I would not be able to wait. Still need this weekend to finish up, about 70% done. Calling for snow 11-12 -15, but nice on the weekend I hope.

Have a great show,

Gary

It's lit up ! Had a few small delays , but all lights working as they should . WOW !  What an amazing sight after the months and months of preparations. I'm pretty amazed at it myself , as I'm sure you all are with your display too . I think the wife was making a video of my "happy dance" in the yard , but I didn't care. My lights are working !

• Like 2

It's lit up ! Had a few small delays , but all lights working as they should . WOW ! What an amazing sight after the months and months of preparations. I'm pretty amazed at it myself , as I'm sure you all are with your display too . I think the wife was making a video of my "happy dance" in the yard , but I didn't care. My lights are working !

Jesse, congrats!!

You just have to post the happy dance video.

It's lit up ! Had a few small delays , but all lights working as they should . WOW !  What an amazing sight after the months and months of preparations. I'm pretty amazed at it myself , as I'm sure you all are with your display too . I think the wife was making a video of my "happy dance" in the yard , but I didn't care. My lights are working !

Congratulations!  It is a fantastic feeling seeing your hard work come to light that first time (and everytime thereafter too).  Enjoy!! Merry Christmas!

I can remember the first time I plugged the controller in and turned on the lights and then raced outside to see the lights in action. Once you start, you just can't stop. What's amazing too is all of the great displays here and all over the world that inspire us!

.... and like Ron Said....

Welcome to the addiction ....errrr uhhh Hobby!

• The topic was locked