Light-O-Rama Forums

What will happen here?

oilmoney

So last year when I tried to use a 1602MP3 as a simple controller it tried to send its own signal and took out some other controllers until i removed it from the network. This year I have the opportunity to expand across the street using an ELL. Does anybody anticipate the same problem or should I be fine due to the fact that it'd be on it's own network and the ELL?

That doesn't work that way.

The 1602MP3 only sends a signal if you have an SD card inserted.  If you wanted to use it as a normal controller don't insert the SD card.

I tried that last year mike, when it was plugged into the network my 6 CCR controllers upstream of it dissappeared, unplugged it and they came back, no memory card was in at the time. I think earlier in the year ( halloween ) I had tried to program it to run standalone, maybe I never wiped it clear although I went through the motions numerous times to accomplish that.

It also has to be LAST in line physically, or you need to use phone line between it and the next controller.  That doesn't mean it was 'sending a signal' however ;) 

If you have a 1602G3MP3, the ONLY RJ45 jack that will work with the controller NOT being the director is the one labeled NET 1.  NET 2 is completely separate and won't do anything for you unless you are using it as a director (and have programmed REG and AUX networks).  Since there is only 1 RJ45 jack for you to use, it must be physically LAST, or you need to use phone wire from the RJ11 to the RJ11 of the next controller.

It was last in line, that's what baffled me. Last year I just swapped it out and put it back on the shelf. I just hooked it up to the HU and the HU doesn't even see it. I'm working nights tonight and will check the manual to see if anything jumps out at me.

Ok, if you can not even see it in the HWU when it is the only controller attached to the USB adapter, and you are connected to NET 1, then there is most likely something wrong with the controller itself.  Please open a trouble ticket so we can track the issue and get you fixed up.