Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer problems

David Spangler

I upgraded to S4 and the visualizer is acting crazy. I checked the other posts but nothing helped. I get the white screen in the visualizer like others have mentioned. I have to reboot, turn the advanced rendering off and on and sometimes it will work, then when it does work none of my shimmers show up in the visualizer, the lights that are suppose to shimmer just go off when it is called to shimmer. Gotta be a bug in S4. TOOOOO close to Christmas for this to happen. I have been playing with it for a week and can't get it to work right. Does anybody have any  ideas????????? Everything is working in the sequencer ok.

Your video drivers are not playing well with advanced rendering.  If you are sure you have the latest drivers for your video card, you will need to turn advanced rendering off.

I'm having a similar problem.  I've got an nvidia GTX660 and visualizer works fine except for shimmer and twinkle.  Neither of those show in the visualizer simulation.  All else works though. I've got the latest drivers (v358.91), and this is with both advanced check and unchecked.  Any other suggestions?  Weird thing is that this does work on an old laptop with integrated intel chipset.  But, I'd think it would also work on a much more advanced video card then?

Thanks,

Steve F

That would be weird as Shimmer and Twinkle use the same routines as On and Off.  In other words, shimmers and twinkles are pushed to the video hardware the same way as an ON command.

Have you run the sequence through the Verifier?

On the computer with the issue, if you turn the Advanced Rendering Engine OFF do shimmers and twinkles work?

I have a GTX650 and they run fine on it.  Not that those are identical cards, but I would think they are 'close enough'.

DevMike,

Not sure what the issue was, but after turning on the computer this morning, shimmer and twinkle are now working with both render engines.  I'd rebooted at least twice that I remember prior to this morning, so at this point I'm not sure what the issue was.  Thanks for answering though!

Steve