Light-O-Rama Forums

e682 Help please

Terpsmurf

I have six leaping arches with 2811 pixels from Ray Wu. I have the e682 setup using the web interface.  I am able to test the arches when on the e682 direct interface when I have selected the 2811 pixels. However, I want to be able to program the pixels in LOR, so I assume I need to run them in DMX.

However, when I change the pixel type to DMX on the interface, I no longer can get the pixels to operate. I assume I need to run the pixels using E1.31 from my PC. Please give me some guidance as to what I need to do in order to get my e682 ready to run my arches in time for my Christmas display.

I am willing to talk on the phone if anyone can help walk me through what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Daniel

No, you are going to run them as 2811.

If I am understanding correctly, you are attempting to make the outputs run in DMX, like a bridge, which the Sandevice will do but that is not what you want.

Keep the outputs at 2811. The controller will do the rest once you run e131 to it.

I hope I understood you correctly.

I have updated on the web interface to the 2811 setting. How do I get LOR to be able to communicate with the device and pixels?

read San Devices user manual to set up and explain multi or uni-cast. then,

You will set up the network preferences in LOR SE. select the universe and e131 then enter address.

Then open a sequence and address your channels (network, e682, sequence channels all must jive for it to work).

sorry for the quick lesson, maybe someone else can explain better, I have to run..........

I am in LOR, I have tried to set it as Unicast and specify my ip address of the controller, which 169.254.74.206. I have it connected directly to my computer (not through the router/switch). Do I need to have it go through the router?

Do I need to go in and adjust my network settings in some way?

I have also tried multicast, making sure I had multicast selected on the web interface andin LOR settings.

What is the IP address of your computer is its not the same as the E 682is it. And did you assign your rgb channels in the sequencer editors

Yes I have assigned RGB channels.

No, my computer IP an e682 are not the same.

I am now trying to run the e682 through my router/switch to see if I have any luck.

If you want, PM me with your phone number and when it's a good time to call. I can darn near set up E1.31 in my sleep.

[sorry Terpsmurf, I had to split like that

set controller to unicast and in LOR network preferences click e131 and enter: 169.254.74.206 where is says specify. Your switch wont play a part unless it is a very long run or multiple controllers.

if everything is lined up as you say (make ip match) then make sure 485 adaptor is plugged in and "control lights" is checked.

Jim made you nice offer and he can definitely straighten you out. (hell-of-a guy)
Same offer from me.

• 3 months later...

Late post to this thread, but here goes:

I’m having the exact same problem as the OP had.  I’m new to attaching a DMX light controller to my PC and using LOR software to run it and my existing LOR controllers.  I realize I’m overlooking something very simple.   Some background:

1.    I have LOR Pro version v4.2.12, with enough channels (LOR will tell you if you don’t have enough channels in your version of the software).  My lights work on all LOR controllers, using Sequence Editor.  I’ve assigned a static IP address to my show PC:  192.168.1.10.  My PC is not connected to my home network (no WiFi, no router).

2.    I connect the AlphaPix controller to my PC’s Ethernet port w/ Cat5e cable.  Using the command window, I pinged 192.168.1.211 and the PC sees it.  I configured the new AlphaPix 4 board (version 2.0 firmware) via the web interface, and I gave it a unique IP address, 192.168.1.211.  All AlphaPix 4 settings are the default settings (RGB order, 2811 strings, 50 pixels, Universe 1, 2, 3, etc).  

3.    My pixels also are from HC (smart, 2811, 50 ct), and I attached them to SP1 port on the AlphaPix 4.   I put the AlphaPix 4 into test mode using the board’s LED screen and control buttons (thanks for the video, David), and I ran all of the color tests on the AlphaPix 4.  All works fine.  I took the AlphaPix out of test mode.  

4.    Using only LOR software, I’m trying to control pixels attached to the new AlphaPix that is connected to my PC’s  Ethernet port, and control lights attached to my LOR controllers, which are connected to a USB port using LOR’s USB 485B adapter.   In Sequence Editor’s network preferences, on the DMX tab, I selected E1.31, Unicast, and typed in the unique IP address for AlphaPix (192.168.1.211).  

In Visualizer, I added a simple DMX 50 pixel string prop, and assigned it Universe 1.  The Visualizer also has one prop for the CTB16 controller and one prop for the CCR controller/ribbon.  I opened this Visualizer file in SuperStar.  I created a simple test sequence in SuperStar involving all three props, exported to SE, opened in SE, and ran it.  Only the lights on the LOR controllers light up, not the string of pixels attached to the AlphaPix.

I changed network preferences to multi-cast, closed all LOR software, launched HW utility, refreshed, closed HW Utility, launched Control Panel, and launched Seq Editor (just to assure new settings took).  I ran the same sequence – but the pixels on the AlphaPix board still do nothing, while the LOR lights work. 

Long-winded, but I wanted to make sure I gave as much info as I can to clarify my current setup.  Again, I know I missed something obvious to those who know.

I don’t want to get off track yet about running LOR controllers via DMX.  I need to first to really understand how to control lights attached to the AlphaPix 4, while also controlling lights attached to LOR controllers through USB 485B adapter.

Thanks for reading and making suggestions.

Make sure you have set up in the network preferences (LOR) for the universe's you are using to be E1.31, and make sure you have checked the Allow DMX box under the edit/ DMX menu and that your sequences are addressing the same universe and channels you are using in the controller.

Make sure the LOR control panel is running (specifically the Comm port listener needs to be running) before you start the Sequence editor. Also make sure that the HW utility is not running.

Your network preferences should map the used universes to the IP address of your pixel controller. Unicast/multicast should match what your pixel controller supports and is configured for. I haven't played with the Alphapix to know what this looks like.

Guys, mucho gracias for getting back with a solution!  It works now.

I made just one change you suggested (because the other items were already Ok):  I opened the Control Panel (which opens CommListener) BEFORE launching SE.   Thanks very much for the fix.

As an aside, the pixel string on the AlphaPix does not work if I click on the Multicast radio button on the DMX tab in SE. 

The sequence works on both a legacy formatted file, and an intensity file, both of which I had exported to SE from SuperStar.  

John, I would not  even be this far if it weren't for all of your awesome videos on just about every topic, all shot with no fear on your part.  The first one I ever watched was how to  connect and use the CTB16PC controller.  I even learned that you like peeling off the cellophane protective cover from a brand new device.  

• 2 weeks later...

Please help I am having difficulty in getting my lights to come on. I have a 16CCR pixel tree. It is controlled by e1.31 controller. When I press the button for test mode the lights come on. So it has to be a network issue. I want to run the DMX pixel tree along with my LOR show. I put in the IP address that was recommended which is 192.168.0.1 My controller IP address is 192.168.0.50 

When I try using Xlights and use the schedule and test to check the lights nothing comes on , The IP address that is listed on Xlights is the IP address of 192.168.0.50

I noticed if I go to Lor Hardware and bring up the pixel console and try turning on the RGB lights nothing happens.

• The topic was locked