Light-O-Rama Forums

Using tracks

JimCanfield

ok, I think I'm getting the hang of the whole tracks bit

My halloween display is going to be made up of an audio mix with completely different audio from the left and right channels (animations on the right and singing pumpkins on the left).

When I set up the tracks, can I have one of the audio wizards focus on just the left or right audio channels or do I need to sequence them seperately as seperate tracks in one overall sequence and then remix the audio to the correct speaker channels using audacity ?

Philip wrote:

can I have one of the audio wizards focus on just the left or right audio channels

The VU Wizard supports individual left and right channels. The other audio wizards currently do not.

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to copy a range of channels from one track to another? The only way I see is to right-click on the channel, select "Copy to Other Track" -> "Copy to Track Number ...", then click "OK". If I have 16 channels on my mega tree, I have to do this 16 times.

Is there a way to select multiple channels and copy or move them all to a different track at the same time?

Steven wrote:

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to copy a range of channels from one track to another? The only way I see is to right-click on the channel, select "Copy to Other Track" -> "Copy to Track Number ...", then click "OK". If I have 16 channels on my mega tree, I have to do this 16 times.

Is there a way to select multiple channels and copy or move them all to a different track at the same time?

I didn't find a way to do this... so I moved 1 at a time... for 160 channels!

Ryan

We intend to add an easier way, but there's currently another way (other than copying them one at a time) that may be easier depending on your situation:

"Edit/Duplicate Track" will copy all of the channels in one shot. It may be easier to do that, and then delete the ones you didn't want to copy. Especially given the new Channel Property Grid ("Tools/Channel Property Grid"), which makes it easier to delete a bunch of channels.

Ok, I found a bug:

1. Create a new sequence.
  2. Create a new track.
  3. Use the Channel Property Grid to delete all the channels in the new track.
  4. Save the sequence.

You will get the following error:

WARNING! The newly saved file is corrupt. A copy of the old file...