Light-O-Rama Forums

Multi Family Display LOR2 Questions

Guest guest

OK, I know I am a lurker !!! It seems like when a question is asked the answer is posted. But this is our 3rd year with LOR and LOR II has really got my interest.

Below is questions maybe for Dan. 2006 display will be a 4 family display and will be jumping our channel count to 264. I will be controlling both of my neighbors and also the neighbor across the street. My questions are:

1. Will the controllers offered in April be able to run with either 1.5 and LOR II ?

2. The neighbor across the street, I will be installing 2 --- CTB-16D and maybe 2 -- CTB-08 . From what I understand , I know the 08’s will need to be upgraded with a new chip for LOR II. I will also need to install the new Light Linker. Now, do you install a Light Linker on each controller or just one in the neighbor across the street and only one on my display which I would install it on the last controller in the chain. ? Seems as you only need 2 light linkers, one on each side of the street .

3. Once we upgrade the existing controllers, will 1.5 be able to run ?

Comment to all new users of LOR: IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT !! And I have never seen product support like Dan offers to all of us, plus you are among some of the greatest people to answer your questions.

Don

Lake Myra Christmas

Wendell, NC

I know the light linker answer because I already asked the same thing. From your controler you run a cat5 out just as normal but it then goes to the light linker, accross the street you would then have the other Light Linker with a cat5 going from it into the conroller, then you just continue the dazy chain.

Thanks JR, That was my thinking but I thought I had seen a post where you would install the linker on each controller across the street, which really did not make any sense. My last controller in my display will be on top of the house, which would be an ideal location for one of the linkers.

Don Williams

Lake Myra Christmas

Wendell, NC

Hi,

The exact timing of LOR II is not certian. If LOR II is offered in April then the controllers will be LOR II compatable only... If we are still selling LOR 1.5 then the controllers will be LOR 1.5 compatable only. None of the controllers will run both LOR II and LOR 1.5, it will be one or the other.

Once a controller is upgraded to LOR II, it will no longer run on LOR 1.5 ... At least that is the plan for now but that may change so that the controllers will handle both protocols.

Don Williams wrote:

Thanks JR, That was my thinking but I thought I had seen a post where you would install the linker on each controller across the street, which really did not make any sense. My last controller in my display will be on top of the house, which would be an ideal location for one of the linkers.

Don Williams

Lake Myra Christmas

Wendell, NC

That would give you good line of site!!!