Light-O-Rama Forums

does PE allow you to do any sequencing by hand?

marsh28

I currently use LOR S3 and run about 5000 channels of rgb stuff. I dont use superstar and just sequence by hand which, imo, tightens up the sequencing alot. However, there are obviously certain rgb effects that are impossible to replicate by hand. Does PE allow you to sequence by hand. It would be nice to have the ability to do both.

PE doesn't have that sequence by hand ability.  It's more like you pick an effect for a prop in a drop down menu.  Then you mess with the different settings the effect has.  When you like what it's doing then you apply the effect to your prop.  You can use both Superstar, PE and SE effects in the same song but only as long as they don't control a prop at the same time.  I must say it's impressive that you just use the SE editor for your RGB stuff as your videos are awesome!  You will save time using Superstar and PE versus using only the SE.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

Actually, I've tried SS & xlights when they first came out and I just think they are more of an "effects" creating machine.  Yes, the effects are cool, but they limit you in the end and make alot of sequences look alike.  Most of my pixel stuff is generated by copying and pasting long chases over and over again.  It's actually not that difficult and after you have the initial chase you want, you can use it the rest of the way as the basic beat for most songs is the same.  Also, I really like to do chases between multiple pixel strings.  As of yet, I've not really seen a pixel editor that does this all that well.  With ALL that said, there are certain times when I'd like a more simplistic pixel editor to help with creating certain effects that would be obviously impossible to pull off by hand.  I wish someone would come out with software that integrates everything together...   I've got some time on my hand so I may give the pixel editor a chance.  It WOULD be nice if it sped things up..  BTW, thanks for the response...

Also, can you actually DRAW out the rgb channels for the props you create or do you have to choose the props that come with the software?  That has been another issue that Iv'e had in the past...

Edited by marsh28

Just answered my own question.  The prop creator in PE is MUCH better than what I've seen in the past.  I just might try it out....

You for sure can do multiple pixel string chases or even whole display chases just depending on how you set your props up.  They can be setup individually and you can also put individual props into a group for chases across that group.  I don't use the pixel editor for everything but for the quick effects you can generate it does a good job.  Time is getting short though!

You for sure can do multiple pixel string chases or even whole display chases just depending on how you set your props up.  They can be setup individually and you can also put individual props into a group for chases across that group.  I don't use the pixel editor for everything but for the quick effects you can generate it does a good job.  Time is getting short though!

Also when setting up groups within PE in the preview manager if you create a group with all of your props,in the management section if you select use preview it will put everything in order from left to right in the visualizer so it simplifies doing whole house sweeps.

SPaschall