Light-O-Rama Forums

Having problems controlling my lights

Mastertech

Just finish with Halloween and noticed that sometimes some of my window RGB lights were not coming on. I have check my sequences and they are ok. Today I ran some tests with my Christmas sequence that I used last year and all the lights are working ok. Then I ran the same sequence with this year changes and some of the windows lights are now not working. The setup is the same just add new effects. I have tested the controllers & lights which are all ok. When I play it in P.E. all my props in the preview playback works ok. Could my issues be related to the software.

Sounds like some of your channels are not addressed correctly...have you run the verifier?

Edited by jimswinder

Which version of LOR are you running? The window lights that aren't working - are they pixels? Were they sequenced lasted year with SE and this year with PE? What type of controller are the lights attached to? Are other lights on that controller working? Just trying to understand your environment...

Matt

Hi Matt:

I have 13 windows all pixels(2811) that are ran by 4 SanDevice E6804 controllers, Controller 1 runs 2 windows, second runs 3 windows, Controller 3 & 4 runs 4 windows each in total 685 pixels. I am using version 4.2.10 pro. I did more testing today.

1: run old sequence on new version in SE... worked ok

2: saved old sequence with new version and reloaded... work ok

3: imported new configuration that adds 10 new RGB mini tree, 1 RGB Mega tree and a new Matrix to the end of the sequence... work ok

4: started to edit the sequence in SE by removing the old effects on the all the windows and replaced them by copying & pasting with the new effect from wowlights.com. that I have used before. I did one window at a time and now windows 1-5 work ok, 6-13 are running randomly

I have a video at http://vimeo.com?/144433897

I have check the sequence and all the pixels have an effect on them.

Could it have something to do with how it is pasting the effects?

Chris

"Running randomly" can be a symptom of having channels defined in both SE and in PE (with the prop's sequence method set to PE). So what happens is there are effects in your SE sequence that turn on a channel and effects in your PE sequence turning on the same channel - and they fight each other. Neither SE nor PE detect this conflict, though I will try to get something into the next version.

Matt

Thanks Matt....Should I wait for your update because I have about 20 sequences to update or can I continue on. With your new update will I have to go back and redo everything. Thanks again for everything.

Chris

Thanks Matt....Should I wait for your update because I have about 20 sequences to update or can I continue on. With your new update will I have to go back and redo everything. Thanks again for everything.

Chris

After my previous post, I learned from Bob that the LOR Verifier does indeed check for this condition. To check for conflicts between SE and PE it uses PE's intensity data file. So to get accurate output from the Verifier, you will need to generate an intensity data file from PE first - if you haven't already done so.

Matt