Light-O-Rama Forums

timing in sequence keeps changing.....

chadsheppard

I used the tapper to ensure I was on the beat, and I cut and paste my sequence to line up on the beat, but after I do further editing, the sequence is off the beat again by a quarter second?

I am using mp3 files. Should I convert them to mp3?

I believe I am using 128kbs mp3's so not sure if that is wrong type.

Thanks for the help.

PS I've tested your 1602 boxes down to minus 45 celcius and they work great!

Chad Sheppard

Manitoba Canada

chadsheppard wrote:

I used the tapper to ensure I was on the beat, and I cut and paste my sequence to line up on the beat, but after I do further editing, the sequence is off the beat again by a quarter second?

Thanks for the help.

Chad Sheppard

Manitoba Canada

Hi Chad,

I think that Bob will be interested in the exact steps you are taking and if you are able to reproduce this problem. As far as I know, once timings are in place they do not change.

It sounds like you have had some cold weather. That is slightly outside the design specs for the LOR1602W. Good to know that there were no problems.

Dan

chadsheppard wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Chad Sheppard

Manitoba Canada

Chad, convert your mp3 to wav files and see if you have the same problem. I'm confident that you will not have issues after that. WAV files work much better for editing. Of course they will be much larger files, but worth the space you use.

Even with using wav files, I have noticed on LOR 1 that the first second or two playing during the middle of a sequence might be a little out of step with the music, but that is just an initial syncing issue and should not occur when playing the song after it has started a couple of seconds or when playing through the whole sequence.

Tip: When editing the middle of a sequence, set the program screen width so that you are displaying at least 5 seconds of music sequence information. For the part you are trying to edit, position it to the right side of the display, not the left side. This will give a couple of seconds for the sequence to get in perfect sync with the music at the point you are trying to edit.

The big reason for using wav instead of mp3 is mainly for editing purposes. If you are editing in the middle of a sequence, then you are likely to see timing issues as mp3 songs don't contain markers that allow perfect syncing. Maybe "markers" is not the exact correct term, but you probably get the point.