Light-O-Rama Forums

Using LOR to trigger foot pad props

Army Lights

Are you sure there isn't two separate wires under one rubber sleeve?So, I got into this, and realized the wire coming coming from the prop (which previously went to the footpad before I cut it) is only a single wire, not two. If I understand correctly, we were expecting 2 (one would go to pin 4{NO} and one would go to 6 {COM}). Because it's just one, should I run it to NO? Thanks!Are you sure there isn't two separate wires under one rubber sleeve?
Positive. I did something that I'm not sure I was supposed to do because I couldn't think of anything else. Since there was only one wire from the prop input, I connect it to both the COM and NO.
So is all good now?
All is good in terms of my controller lighting lights, but all of a sudden my light beam triggers aren't working and the prop hasn't worked at all yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Army Lights

• Santas Helper

• k6ccc

• mpageler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The product says it sound and motion activated. Nothing about a foot switch.

I saw that foot pad you are referring to. Did the prop work with the foot pad?

I don't think those two items are compatible.

Positive. I did something that I'm not sure I was supposed to do because I couldn't think of anything else. Since there was only one wire from the prop input, I connect it to both the COM and NO.

All is good in terms of my controller lighting lights, but all of a sudden my light beam triggers aren't working and the prop hasn't worked at all yet.

Light beam controller is back up. So, at least I'm back to where I started. Now I just gotta get the zombie working!

On the foot pad, the white connector, it looks like there are two wires coming out of that white connector. Red and black, I think. Is that correct?

Okay, I just remembered. I have the "Harvester" from Spirit and it has the same type of foot pad.

Please believe when I say. There are two wires. A red and black wire in the single rubber sleeve. They are very small wires but there are two of them.

Slightly cut the outer black sleeve a little at a time. You will find two small wires.

Okay, I just remembered. I have the "Harvester" from Spirit and it has the same type of foot pad.

Please believe when I say. There are two wires. A red and black wire in the single rubber sleeve. They are very small wires but there are two of them.

Slightly cut the outer black sleeve a little at a time. You will find two small wires.

Oh my gosh, I NEVER would have caught that unless you had me check again. It's bare copper wire threads wrapped perfectly around a red coated wire. It makes it all look like one because unless you fray the threads, it just looks like one large group of threads.

I'll give this a try...

Now we're talkin. Keep me posted. :)

Holy heck, it's working!!! (With one small caveat, which I think I know how to fix, but I want your opinion).

It actually only turns the zombie on when the circuit goes OFF from an already ON position. In other words, turning it ON does nothing. Only turning it ON, then OFF does it.

So, basically, in my programming, I'd just want to turn the channel on then off each time I want to activate?

Just programmed it as I mentioned, and ran the whole show with triggers and all, and I am FULLY operational.

You guys are seriously the best. It's what makes this hobby doable for a dumb army grunt like myself!

Thank you so much for your patience!!

Sweet!! Glad to hear it's working!!!

And you're no dumb army grunt. You're serving our country. And I thank you for that.

Myself retired with 26 years Air Force/Air National Guard appreciates any person in the military, AND their families.

:)

• The topic was locked