Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot open file

christmasocd

Hey gang. I've been using LOR for a few years but only look at it a cole of days before start up ( not a good idea ) Seems every year I run into a problem and have to ask for help. I appear to be having a brain fart. I loaded my Halloween show, enabled it, everything looked fine and when it came time to start I keep getting a message, slowly at first and then at light speed. It says error with sequence ( cannot open file C:\documents and settings\ my name\my documents\Light-o-rama\sequences\monstermashIms)Musical:C:Documents and settings\ myname\mydocuments\Light-o-rama\sequences\monstermashIms

It's like it is looking for it twice. Yes I'm and old fart and not real computer literate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The show was supposed to start tonight and I have a bunch of unhappy neighbors. Hopefully somebody way smarter than me is on the forum tonight and can help. Thanks and please remember, old fart not too computer savy.

Edited by christmasocd

Hey gang. I've been using LOR for several years now but only play with it a week prior to start up and I am really rusty. I tried to launch my show tonight and keep getting an error message. Cannot open file C:\ Documents and settings\Daren\mydocuments\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Monstermash Ims) Musical:C:Documents and Settings\Daren\MyDocuments\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Monstermash Ims

It's like it doesn't know where to look. I'm an old fart who isn't very computer savy so any help would be greatly appreciated. And please remember, Old Fart and Not Very Computer Savy.

Open Monstermash Ims in the LOR Sequence Editor.

The click "Edit -> Media File" and choose the audio file again. Save the file.

Try your show again.

Also the show editor....if the location of the files changed even slightly from last year to this year, you'll need to dump the old show file, create a new one and fill it with the current sequence locations and save it. Then enter that new show, into the scheduler. I ran into this already this year for Halloween. It couldn't find the sequences even though they were right there. Run the verifier against your show player file.

Thanks Don and dgrant, I'll give those a try. Sorry for the multiple posts. I was tired and frustrated and didn't think the post went through.

Thanks guys, I'm not sure what the problem was but I tried a show from several years ago and it worked so it's all good.