Light-O-Rama Forums

Please, how do I get my sequences from demo to full version?

Tim P

Well, I haven't tried a new show from scratch, but I will. Also, I found one of my musical sequences to work, don't know why. The sequesnce is something I started only like ten seconds work.

Thanks Tim

Hi All,

Well currently I'm under the guidence of Mountainwxman, who has helped me out big time. Thanks Bill, Thanks Bill, Oh did I say Thanks.

As of now things are coming together but still seem to have some odd things. I certainly hope to speak with Bill and get the assistance he offered and get the musical sequences into the show and then scheduler.

Thanks

Tim

Guest wbottomley

Tim P wrote:

Hi All,

Well currently I'm under the guidence of Mountainwxman, who has helped me out big time. Thanks Bill, Thanks Bill, Oh did I say Thanks.

As of now things are coming together but still seem to have some odd things. I certainly hope to speak with Bill and get the assistance he offered and get the musical sequences into the show and then scheduler.

Thanks

Tim

Thank you Tim, anytime. Call when you need help!

So everyone knows... it was a channel config problem.

Now... it's onto the control panel trouble.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Tim P wrote:

Thank you Tim, anytime. Call when you need help!

So everyone knows... it was a channel config problem.

Now... it's onto the control panel trouble.

I had a suspicion it was related to that. I had asked that question in a previous post but Tim didn't reply to that issue. I'm glad you were able to get him started. I know how frustrating it can be not being able to use a "new toy"

Mark

Guest wbottomley

We fixed the control panel problem too. Ran the LOR registry wipe and reinstalled the program and BINGO... it worked.

It could have been something leftover from the demo version. I believe he wants to upgrade to Gamma tomorrow.

So right now... he's playing with his new toy like a five-year-old on Christmas day.

I believe I have a four step program to remedy this whole situation.

Step 1:

You really shouldn't be doing animated lighting with software if you don't know the basics as to how to operate a computer. For example: finding files, copying files, knowing files and file types for your software, and backing up files to name a few.

Step 2:

You must not have purchased the idiot package from LOR. You know, the one with the big red easy button included. I suggest that if you really want some more abuse....purchase the idiot package.

Step 3:

As for support from Dan. A person can go just so far. I have had nothing but success when dealing with LOR and the people that are there to support this product. Maybe they have caller ID and..... well.... what can I say except that they must have your number.

Step 4:

Sell your equipment. Give it up as you suggested you want to do. Then take all that extra time you will have left and start going to church. You just may find out that God's last name is not damn.

One Light Shy,
You make some good points. I admit I was put off by the poster's initial comments - especially where he criticized Dan. And his use his use of profanity was definitely out of line. But in the spirit of this forum, I wanted to offer some advice to at least get him started.

Mark

I agree with you Mark, you and Mountainwxman deserve a BIG THANKS for your efforts to resolve a difficult situation. I guess my emotions went ahead of my thinking process. Please keep up the good work. You get my vote for patience and perseverance. As for Tim P, suggestion. Sell your LOR and pay for some anger management classes. Money well spent.

Tim P wrote:

[snip]when I called LOR, Dan is the only tech/support person in the company who can answer these questions. Dan is on a Vaca right now, I'm sure well deserved! But damm, No One to get answers from, now going into a weekend. I'm not to happy to say the least and trying extremly hard to remain calm.
[snip]

I will be speaking to the people who answer the phone to make sure they know what to do when I am not around. We have a number of people including a number of full time programmers who can answer such questions. I do not know why you were put off.

Happy to see you have your stuff running.

As far as the vacation (not exactly this time of year)... Actually I had a (HUGE!!!) sewage backup into the finished basement that day. I think the town should be liable... NOT... Time for a checkvalve.

Hi Mark,

I wanted to say Thank You! for the help and I probably didn't respond back to the post because I was busy working with Bill at the time by phone and was not looking at the forum.

Also, Sorry if you were a little turned off by the profanity used in the post. That certainly is not how I normally operate, but was extremly mad and frustrated.

Thanks again & Happy New Year !

Tim

One Lite Shy,

I have to say I did enjoy your 4 step program. Now that I am in a different state of mind and am not nearly as mad nor frustrated.

Some comments back at you. True, one should have some computer basics if wanting to oprerate an animated lighting sofware program. I am not a wiz on the cp but I think I was being overly cautious too and wanted to consult before making a terrible mistake.

As far as Dan, I have heard nothing but great things about him and LOR support, and I'm sure he can be absent for what ever reason. The bottom line is, I was told by phone that the person I needed to speak with would be Dan, and he was away until after the new year(which at that point would have been 7 days later). I asked if there was anyone else that could help answer any of my questions and the answer was "No, I am just kinda here to answer the phones". That's when my jaw dropped, It was contradicting the reputation I've been hearing about. Tehy didn't have a back up plan for coverage or at least the guy answering the phone didn't know how to direct calls etc.

Last, I'll admit I was like a kid with a new toy who couldn't play with it and had a temper tantrum, however I am fully entitled and deserved some support by the company within a resonable amount of time, not 7 days later.

I also wanted to apologize to you and Mark by using profanity, Not the way I normally act.

Happy New Year!!

Tim

Dan,

No need to explain why or where you were, It's really none of my business. Now I really do hope you make out with the basement! Good Luck!!

It's simple! I got the product and was excited like a kid with a new toy. I was cautious, however also expirenced some un exspected problems. Problems I could not fix, Call for support and can't get any( Based off of your rep, sounds like a 1 in a million chance that it happened) and then total shock, anger and frustration. Yes, I'll admit some of my posts sounded a little temper tantrum-ish and elementry, but I'm sure you can understand where I was coming from.

Bob at FTD was a huge help as well as Bill(Mountainwxman) from the forum here. They both agreed that there was some unusual things found. I have not been around long enough to know who is who,but it sure seems that Bill has to be one of the most knowledgable. He had me not only up and running, but taught me some very valuable info. I can't thank him enough.

Now that I'm settled and running, I still look forward with excitement. I'm looking to learn more and have intentions of enlarging my number of channels in this addicting hobbie. Christmas is a great time of year and love all of the wonderful things that go with it. I look forward to speaking with some time.

Thanks

Tim

Personally I think that the average LOR customer is far above average when it comes to patience and understanding. Perhaps it is because people who like Christmas are a little "different" and in a good way!

When compared to customers that I have supported in previous occupations there simply is no comparison. For example, I had a customer call this year and who had had a stroke. His mind was sharp but he had a touch of that slur that you get with a stroke. He was trying to get his display up and his equipment was struck by lightning. Not only his LOR equipment was fried but a number of things in his house were destroyed as well. This guy could get everything replaced by his home owners insurance. But this guy wanted to do his best to try and fix the controllers to try and minimize what the insurance company would pay! Now were do you find people like this? Well I'll tell you... they are putting up Christmas displays!

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Personally I think that the average LOR customer is far above average when it comes to patience and understanding. Perhaps it is because people who like Christmas are a little "different" and in a good way!

Come on Dan. I thought we were nothing but nuts.:D:D

Mountainwxman wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Come on Dan. I thought we were nothing but nuts.:P:D

Nuts?? Try Obsessive, possessed, driven, insane, devoted, fanatic and after first exposure to Light O Rama, we become hermits slaving over our computers, going deaf after listening to the same 3 bars of music over and over and over and over and over..

Wouldn't trade it for anything :D

Brad, I agree with all. My wife thinks I'm crazy for listening to the same part of a song 20,000 times. I also play drums and timing is a must before anything. Unfortunatly I'm bringing my craziness for tightness and precision over to my sequences.

Take care.

Tim