Light-O-Rama Forums

Please, how do I get my sequences from demo to full version?

Tim P

Hi All,

I have had nothing but problems since I ordered this product. I 1st off want to state that I'm not blaming LOR, but I'm still not certain why all of these issues have come up.

I'll skip the mess that I have been through so far and get to my current obsticle. How do I get all of my saved sequences that I have worked on in the last few months from the demo version to the full version/version I jut purchased???

I was told it is an easy process, but have no idea how and where to start. I'm asking here because apparently when I called LOR, Dan is the only tech/support person in the company who can answer these questions. Dan is on a Vaca right now, I'm sure well deserved! But damm, No One to get answers from, now going into a weekend. I'm not to happy to say the least and trying extremly hard to remain calm.

Thanks

Tim

You should be able to open the saved files and they'll look just like they did in the demo. The saved files will have either .LMS (LOR Music Sequence) or .LAS (LOR Animation Sequence) extensions. If they aren't opening or are causing an error, what does the message say?

Ok, a couple of things are happening,

when I click on what appears to be my new LOR Sequencer icon on my desk top, I get a meassage that reads,

"you will not be able to control your lights because the comm port is already open. If you want to control your lights with the sequence editor, you must stop the LOR harware utility and make sure shows are disabled.

Control lights have been turned off on the play menu".

Then I click "OK"

It opens up sequence editor, I then click the folder, pic a song Iv'e worked on, play (Made sure to check the "Control lights") and none of my test lights are coming on. (The test strands of lights do work when plugged in a regular outlet).

I'm guessing the files were never brought over from demo to full, I don't know??

Thanks, Hope this helps

Nope, try:

right click on the icon in the tray (little Light bulb), select "Disable shows".

And make sure that the hardware utility is closed, ctrl+alt+delete> processes, and see if LORHardware is running. If it is, close it.

ndiaz,

I just restarted the laptop and that seemed to do something, however I will now know how to do it your way.

Anyone on how to get the demo to new, I have only the one animation that I have that does work, but any of the musical sequences are not working.

Thanks

Most likely it's an unlinked music file. Go to EDIT->MEDIA FILE and select the audio file again. The new version might have a different directory for the audio tracks. That should link it back up.

As for the control locking issue... LOR doesn't want two inputs for the light controllers, so whenever the schedule is enabled, it locks out the sequence editor from controlling the modules and vice versa. If you just disable shows before or after opening the editor, you can make sure that PLAY->CONTROL LIGHTS is checked and the lights will be responsive.

I'm almost certain I followed your instructions, Didn't work!! I'm about to throw this whole thing through the window. What really pisses me off the most, is that the god damm LOR support people are just gone. I don't understand how you can have a company that sells this stuff and just not be able to speak to a human. If Dan is the owner/support person, well he better think about hiring some people to support his product/company/and name while he is out. This is bull [Foul Language Used].

I only got as far as I did today because of a guy named Bob at FTD, the company that manufactures the connector/converter piece. We spent close to 2 hours on the phone and was a huge help.

disgusted

Tim

William, I'm not sure how to take me saved work and back it up to a DIFFERENT location. again, I'm not sure I have the downloaded file?

I'm a bit burnt out at this second, I will be back on the forum first thing in morn looking for your response, Good night for now , and THANKS VERY MUCH for trying to get me through this mess.

Tim

Tim P wrote:

ndiaz,

I just restarted the laptop and that seemed to do something, however I will now know how to do it your way.

Anyone on how to get the demo to new, I have only the one animation that I have that does work, but any of the musical sequences are not working.

Thanks

I understand the lights aren't being controlled, but it helps to troubleshoot problems like these in a logical progression. Forget about the lights for a minute. Do the musical sequences play at all in the editor? In other words, do you hear the song and see the individual channel buttons change color?

Mark

Tim P wrote:

William, I'm not sure how to take me saved work and back it up to a DIFFERENT location. again, I'm not sure I have the downloaded file?

I'm a bit burnt out at this second, I will be back on the forum first thing in morn looking for your response, Good night for now , and THANKS VERY MUCH for trying to get me through this mess.

Tim

A simple way to back up your data is to make a copy of the entire Light-O-Rama directory. Open up "My Computer", double-click on the "C" drive, then "Program Files". You should see the folder "Light-O-Rama". Right-click on this folder and choose "Copy". Press the Escape key and again right-click and select "Paste' This should create a folder named "Copy of Light-O-Rama". You should actually only need to copy the Sequence and Audio directories, but this is a quick and dirty way to back it up.
I think the download file William is referring to is the LORInstall**.exe file you downloaded when you purchased the software. Unless you also purchased the CD (an extra $4.00), you will need this file if you need to re-install the software.

Mark

Tim,

Do you know what version of the demo you have? What is the version you have installed that is the full version?

It is quite possible that the demo put your sequences and audio in c:/programs/light-o-rama/sequences and c:/programs/light-o-rama/audio. If the full version you have is greater than 1.6.3 then the path is my documents/lightorama/audio and my documents/lightorama/sequences. I am using 1.6.15 and it actually set up the data in the shared documents folder.

Chuck

Goodmorng, positve thinking, A new day!!

Ok, Mark, When I do go into the Musical Sequence editor and click on a song, YES it does play and the buttons do move/change color, I hear music from the laptop.

Back Up quick way, I will try this when I'm done typing this reply. When I asked for LOR for X-mas from my wife I requested the cd for the extra $4.00. unfortunatly , she forgot, so I had the "download" only.

Last, just a reminder, I'm making all these attempts by simply clicking on the LOR Sequense Editor, then clicking on a song. I do not have any thing picked or programmed in a the LOR show or scheduler. Secondly, if I try to put something in the show or scheduler it apears that I can not. Maybe because I haven't transfered the sequences from demo to full version, or because I i'm an idiot have no clue of what the heck I'm doing here.

Anyway, I'll wait to hear from you kind people. Thanks again, Off to try "Back Up"

Tim

Tim P wrote:

Goodmorng, positve thinking, A new day!!

Ok, Mark, When I do go into the Musical Sequence editor and click on a song, YES it does play and the buttons do move/change color, I hear music from the laptop.

Back Up quick way, I will try this when I'm done typing this reply. When I asked for LOR for X-mas from my wife I requested the cd for the extra $4.00. unfortunatly , she forgot, so I had the "download" only.

Last, just a reminder, I'm making all these attempts by simply clicking on the LOR Sequense Editor, then clicking on a song. I do not have any thing picked or programmed in a the LOR show or scheduler. Secondly, if I try to put something in the show or scheduler it apears that I can not. Maybe because I haven't transfered the sequences from demo to full version, or because I i'm an idiot have no clue of what the heck I'm doing here.

Anyway, I'll wait to hear from you kind people. Thanks again, Off to try "Back Up"

Tim

So now we've verified we can see your music files and they appear to play in the editor. Just for informational purposes, what version of the software do you have?When you open the sequence editor it should read 'Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor 1.6.X' at the top of the screen.
Now for the hardware. Which controller did you purchase?

Mark

Mark,

Yes that's the model and yes I have gone through the hardware utility and made sure that all 8 channels work and all effects work, They do. I have also reduced the number of max units to 10 per LOR instructions. The unit itself is set to unit id of 01.

The little red lite blinks at times , however when one of the programs is opened,(IE sequencer,shows,scheduler) the red light turns on solid. it appears everything is working and recognizing each other.

When I said 1.6.15 "I Think" , what I mean is, I'm not sure if the editor is the demo or the full. Or is there a difference. Also when I click on the open folder that shows all my songs and the one animation only , the animation only one that does work , has the little LOR blue light bulb to the left. While the rest of my songs have a lttle whitish/blues page or folder.

Tim

Tim P wrote:

When I said 1.6.15 "I Think" , what I mean is, I'm not sure if the editor is the demo or the full. Or is there a difference. Also when I click on the open folder that shows all my songs and the one animation only , the animation only one that does work , has the little LOR blue light bulb to the left. While the rest of my songs have a lttle whitish/blues page or folder.

Tim

You should see the version in the title bar of the program. Or select the help menu and about. But it sounds like you are running the full version. Have you verified all of your channels are configured correctly? What happens if you create a new musical sequence from scratch? If you'd like, I can take a look at one of your sequences and see if anything looks odd. Click on my name above the picture of my display to send me an email.

Mark

Mark