Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Packers and the Universes

jstorms

There will be new firmware coming out for the 682's this year. Looks like it will go up to 16 universes and each output will be totally controllable. Its still a heck of a deal if you can soldier.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k6ccc

• jstorms

• dougd

• zvacman

The new version 5 firmware is in beta test now. That will do 16 universes, and some other good stuff. I'm hoping to download it into one of my E682s this evening.

15 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The new version 5 firmware is in beta test now. That will do 16 universes, and some other good stuff. I'm hoping to download it into one of my E682s this evening.

That is great news, please keep us advised of the progress.

4 hours ago, zvacman said:

Looks like Jim is going to get more of my loot.

Z

more like : money well spent

San device is an excellent product.

• 3 months later...

Yes, the new San Devices firmware is out as Beta. It does do the split universe thing just fine.

Edited by jstorms

It's on a thread on (I think) the DIY Christmas forum. I'm on my phone right now so can't provide the link, but if no one comes up with, I'll post it in the morning from a PC.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

click on the link above (JStorms).  Complete walk through on the update and location of the beta firmware.

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

No the E682 has only 12 universes.  

Jim is hoping to have 16 universes in a later beta release for the E682.  However,as of the latest beta (5.003),that is not yet the case.

• 6 months later...

HI my name is Bradley and I'm a pixel packer......  I'm looking to change my Dumb RGB Strips to Pixel Strips this year.  My concern is if I break up each section to it's own output the need for more controllers is going to increase.  In some areas only 1 or 2 outputs will be needed as the next closest prop will require too many null pixels.  Does anyone make pixel controllers with just 1 or 2 outputs?  I've seen multiple that have 4, but not any with fewer.