Light-O-Rama Forums

Trigger for all lights OFF

RayDorman

Smart folks,

For Halloween this year, I've set up a show to start on a trigger - all works great. Does anyone have any hints how I can get everything to go dark on a trigger? Essentially a "Blackout" or "Stop All" button. I've played with creating a Jukebox inside the show that plays a sequence with all channels at 0%, but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

Am I headed in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Ray

If i'm not mistaking if there is no commands on a channel it won't send anything out. So have all your channels on for 0.05 of a second at the beginning of the sequence then off for the rest of the sequence and it should turn them all off.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Should be simple enough.

Create a LMS sequence with audio and don't sequence anything. Shouldn't have to turn anything on. Not even for a split second.

Can you explain a little more on what your talking about.You say you created a jukebox. I'm a little lost here.

Are you wanting to power a jukebox? Is the jukebox a prop? Is it a software program?

You say the jukebox is inside the show that plays a sequence. That's got me lost.

Should be simple enough.

Create a LMS sequence with audio and don't sequence anything. Shouldn't have to turn anything on. Not even for a split second.

Can you explain a little more on what your talking about.You say you created a jukebox. I'm a little lost here.

Are you wanting to power a jukebox? Is the jukebox a prop? Is it a software program?

You say the jukebox is inside the show that plays a sequence. That's got me lost.

Jukebox is an option for the way the Show player reacts to an input.

Correction to my orgional post, you want to run it in soundboard mode for your inputs. Because jukebox will ignore any inputs if something is playing.

I don't think that will work.  Any of the interactive types will start a sequence, but they do NOT stop existing sequences in your background, animation, or musical sections.  If you were to build a sequence with all your channels and have it all dark and trigger it, you would get somewhat un-predictable results because the sequences in the background, animation, or musical sections would still be playing.

This is a feature I have wished for for several years.  My year round landscape evening show starts with a trigger very nicely as it gets dark, but the overnight landscape show shuts off based on the show scheduler.  That means I keep having to manually change the end time every once in a while (this time of year that about every week or two).

As my overnight landscaping show is static, I figured out a workaround that would sort of work, but not overly well, and my workaround would not work for a show that's not static.

That's exactly it, I can start everything from an external trigger no problem. Just can't stop! :)

Really I'd love some magic console window to send a "disable all shows immediately" command.

Edited by RayDorman

So, just checking - no way to do this? Somewhat surprising, seems like a good thing to have - especially if you're running servos or other moving devices. Thanks, again.

So, just checking - no way to do this? Somewhat surprising, seems like a good thing to have - especially if you're running servos or other moving devices. Thanks, again.

Okay, pulling from the help file here:

Only one musical sequence can be playing at any given time.  Therefore, if a musical sequence from an interactive group is triggered, any musical sequence that happens to already be playing will be stopped (for one exception to this, see the "Jukebox" type of interactive group, below).Jukebox"Jukebox" interactive groups allow you to define a group of sequences, each hooked up to be triggered by an individual circuit on some LOR controller, such that only one sequence in the group can be playing at any given time, and if one already is playing when another is triggered, the first will continue playing uninterrupted, and the trigger will be ignored.If you assign more than one sequence to a single circuit in a single jukebox, then whenever that circuit is triggered, the "next" sequence in the list, round-robin, will be played.Both musical sequences and animation sequences can be placed into a jukebox interactive group.---------------------------Soundboard"Soundboard" interactive groups are similar to jukebox interactive groups in that only one sequence in the group can be playing at any given time.  However, unlike jukebox interactive groups, triggering a sequence while another sequence from the group is currently playing will cause the playing sequence to stop, and the triggered sequence to start.If you assign more than one sequence to a single circuit in a single soundboard, then whenever that circuit is triggered, the "next" sequence in the list, round-robin, will be played.Both musical sequences and animation sequences can be placed into a soundboard interactive group.

Based on the above, and from what I remember doing with triggers years ago, you should be able to create two trigger groups.

Group/Trigger 1 - Musical sequences ... this is your regular show.

Group/Trigger 2 - Animation sequence (or sequences) that run zero lights, and go for hours and hours and hours.

Taking Background, etc., out of the picture, this should work.

The workaround I figured out for the end of my overnight landscape lighting "show" is shown below. This will work OK since my overnight show is completely static, except for a couple interactives that turn up the lights on a walkway or the front steps when there is someone there.

The workaround is to have the real overnight show end at something like 5:00 AM, but leave the static lights on. Then at the same time start another show that does not do anything, and does not have any of the real channels in the only sequence. That "shutdown" show would have an interactive "shutdown" sequence that would be triggered by the sun coming up that would shut off the overnight static lights. The only real issue is that my steps and walkway interactives would still function unless I also came up with a way to lock out those inputs with a relay controlled by a channel in the shutdown interactive sequence. A little convoluted, but it would work...

That's clever! I do wish the "shutdown shows immediately" / "enable schedule" commands were able to be mapped to inputs. That would do it! :)

• Like 1