Light-O-Rama Forums

First Sequence Complete for Christmas 2015 (Preview)

dragonzpneuma

Finished my first sequence for my Christmas 2015 show.  This year is a completely new show with all new props and 6500 RGB's added.  I think I only carried over 4 leaping arches from last year.  Everything else has been built this year.  The sequence was done using only LOR S4 sequence editor and pixel editor.  Positive and negative criticism welcome.

https://youtu.be/9oBSwgTKtb0

Thank you very much Ron and Jeff.  As for the sweeps, I'm thinking I may need to add a little color to them.  The solid white seems a little off with my heavy use of colors during the rest of the sequence.  Thanks again!!!

Keith

Wow. That was really good.

I second the mention of the song.

Thanks for the compliment.  You wouldn't think that a Christmas song done to the tune of Teenage Wasteland would be good, but I thought it was amazing.  Great beat and rhythm to sequence to.

Keith

Nicely done. I liked the beginning what you did with the arches poles and stars. You gave me some ideas because I have roughly the same layout with the poles and stars between my arches. I like the song too I never heard that one until now good choice

• Like 1

Thanks Ebuechner.  I got the idea for the arches and firesticks from someone else also.  Saw it in a video somewhere.  It does make a good effect.  Best of luck with your show!!!

Keith

I'm going to post here because I'm happy as all get out. My 14 year old boy is interested in sequencing the lights and had me install X lights on his computer. And he is starting his first sequence. Inspired by watching me look at videos like yours and doing my own sequences. And his first sequence of his choosing is Fur Elise piano version

I'm going to post here because I'm happy as all get out. My 14 year old boy is interested in sequencing the lights and had me install X lights on his computer. And he is starting his first sequence. Inspired by watching me look at videos like yours and doing my own sequences. And his first sequence of his choosing is Fur Elise piano version

That is great.  Glad I was a part of his inspiration.  Get him started in this addictive hobby at a young age LOL.  Tell him I wish him the best of luck!!!

Keith

Very impressive. Looks great. Your timing is spot on!!!

Feel like I'm losing the battle to Pixels. All of you guys out there doing Pixel trees and Sequencing with the Pixel Editor.

Wonder if I'll ever convert or look at going that way?

Very impressive. Looks great. Your timing is spot on!!!

Feel like I'm losing the battle to Pixels. All of you guys out there doing Pixel trees and Sequencing with the Pixel Editor.

Wonder if I'll ever convert or look at going that way?

Just because pixels are becoming popular, doesn't mean you have to follow the crowd.  I personally prefer the look of the traditional lights, however I also like the endless effects possible with pixels.  That's why I have a mixture of both.  Do what you're comfortable with.  All that matters is we make people happy!!  Many thanks for the kind compliment!!!

Keith

Good use of colours that for sure.  Nice sweeps also as was mention already. Good job. I did a 12 (well a 16 ccr tree) sequence to that song. The center 12 ribbons hold the main part of the tree sequence. It wouldn't work in your display since you are going with a colour theme.  

Good use of colours that for sure.  Nice sweeps also as was mention already. Good job. I did a 12 (well a 16 ccr tree) sequence to that song. The center 12 ribbons hold the main part of the tree sequence. It wouldn't work in your display since you are going with a colour theme.  

Thanks for the great compliments.  Still thinking about adding a little color to the sweeps.  Just seems that the all white sweep is too drastically different than the heavy use of color in the rest of the sequence.  Thanks again.

Keith

Thanks for the motivational words Keith. I love the effects of Pixels and perhaps someday I'll phase bits in here and there but, for now it's all lights and the comments and happy Memories get started here.  We've been told we've become many families, traditions every Christmas so, that's just one of the many reasons we keep doing it!!

• Like 1