Light-O-Rama Forums

12VDC Powered Controller/DC-MP3

joneslights

joneslights wrote:

Can I run the mDC-MP3 controller with CMB16Ds on 12V batteries and have a fully working show? I have an idea and would like to get it working and tested before the summer.

I see no reason why you could not be able to operate your CMB-16D DC controller from batteries if you are thinking of using in a portable/moving situation, such as a parade.

Chuck

Humm "such as a parade". That one of my plans for 08, My car group goes out on Friday nights for Dinner, then we Cruise one area of Christmas displays, we have ours lighted up as we are seeing the displays the people are watching us, there one thing I have to remember to be the last in the last car in the parade Ho Ho Ho.

it look like I need to get on my list:
# 1 a DC-MP3
# 2 at least 8 to 10 CMB16D or CTB-16D and or CTB-8D Controller "I need to look into light for this one"
# 3 more Wireless Units have three now
# 4 FM Tranmitter
# 5 sound system for the last car, w/ a Mic. Look like I will be doing some test soon ;) Santa Jer Bear

• 2 months later...

if you want to use 110 volts you could use a power inverter just watch out you dont drain your car battery so it wont start your car
another way would be carry a small genarator i have been running christmass lights on a log truck for around 17 years i started with one 1000 watt genarator and have worked my way up to 4 5000 watt genarators i started useing lor last year and it works great on my truck
dave

Dave Alber wrote:

i started useing lor last year and it works great on my truck

I've heard of inverters/generators reaking havoc with controllers. Or maybe that's just inverters.

BTW--nice job on the truck. Is that a three log load?

thanks yes that is a 3 log load
i made sure all my genarators were puting out 60 hrz and everything worked fine
olny problem i had was after the parade my laptop battery died shut down the whole show